Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 18-10-2020 11:13 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Great... But the question everyone is asking... When?! 

0 Likes
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Also, if HDMI 3 is going to get the upgrade, it has to have the hardware for it. As far as I have learned HDMI 2.0,with a firmware update, actually is enough as long as surrounding hardware supports every aspect of it. Here is a quote from flatpanekshd:

"eARC was introduced as part of the HDMI 2.1 standard but as reported by FlatpanelsHD in January 2018, the HDMI Forum has confirmed that eARC is one feature of HDMI 2.1 that can potentially be added to HDMI 2.0 based devices via a firmware update, although it is not entirely clear what is required on the hardware side". 

tom99
Voyager
Options

my understanding is that eARC is transmitting uncompressed data, required for e.g. Atmos sound, as compared to conventional ARC. However there is a huge amount of data to be transmitted and obviously this can only be done with the band with of HDMI 2.1, hence HDMI 2.0 is not enough.

GQ65Q800T
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@Humorsopa thanks for the explanation. So there are HDMI 2.0 that is really not 2.0 but has the necessary hardware that makes it possible to upgrade to 2.1 - and then you have 2.0 that does not have that, and you need to physically remove them to an upgradable 2.0 or just put the completed 2.1 in it ?

By the way, my understanding of eARC is that the ARC you cant return signals, but with the eARC has a bigger cable that the signals can go both ways (plus you can only do this through 2.1) ?

Danielecalabrese75
Apprentice
Options

can you guys confirm that the q900 can take HDMI 2.1 with the onebox update? I am in thailand

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

Si

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

I recently read that Samsung smart phone galaxy note 20 is able to capture 8K video. Perhaps someone of the Q900 users owns already such a new smart phone and has tested to show the videos on the Q 900?

Unfortunately Apples new iPhone 12 only supports  4K video,  although this includes at least Dolby vision.

GQ65Q800T
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

I've done this for a long time with my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. 8k,and it plays perfectly on my telly. 😊 

tom99
Voyager
Options

Great! Did you transfer the video to the Q 900 via USB? Bluetooth or any other way would probably not work, right?

GQ65Q800T
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

I put everything in categories on USB 3.0 hdd:s and watch it from there. Great quality. And yes, that's the way to do it. 👍🏼😊