Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 15-09-2020 03:40 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Well I guess we'll see. In the QLED OWNERS GROUP on FB they seem to be convinced that it's number one. But I guess we just have to try. 

hrking2001
Journeyman
Options

Quick question - will the Q900R(A) support the eventual target resolution of the new consoles: 4k @ 120hz? I have ahd my OCB upgraded so (in theory) port 4 is HDMI2.1

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

Yes

0 Likes
DANZSTA1
Journeyman
Options

Could be true! https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-tv-for-ps5-xbox-series-x

DANZSTA1_0-1601030159638.png

My RTX 3090 8K Gaming GPU for my PC should arrive next week! I will do some testing for you guys to confirm! 😉

0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

This is on Samsung offical page... How is this possible ? I cant find that settings on my Q900R !!?? :smiling-face: ♂️

Screenshot_20200928-072458.png

Screenshot_20200928-072453.png

Screenshot_20200928-072439.png

Screenshot_20200928-072453.png

Ok,maybe is this "new" settings,prepair for next sistem update for Q900R TV ??!!

0 Likes
DANZSTA1
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm that I was able to successfully play games on my Q900RB in 8K@60 10bit and 4K@120 10bit with my RTX3090 graphics card. I have only tested it on HDMI 4 but will at some point test the other ports 🙂

chroman
Apprentice
Options

Same. I'm finally able to test 8K @ 60Hz using a RTX 3090. Though only works at 4:2:0 10-Bit which is not too bad actually.

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

That's really awesome ! Which size is your Q900RB TV and what games did you play ? By the way, I think you only will be able to do this through your HDMI port 4, as that is the only HDMI 2.1 port) and the three other ports are only HDMI 2.0, but please try it out anyways.

DANZSTA1
Journeyman
Options

Yeah! Im loving it so far! I have the 65inch! I got it on a clearance sale for basically 50% off! :-). So far ive only tested Forza Horizon 4 Ultra/Extreme Settings at both 8k60 & 4K120. The RTX3090 runs this game with ease. I also tested out Fortnite as it has support for Ray tracing, DLSS2.0 & Nvidia Reflex! I managed to run this game at high settings, RTX on low, with DLSS on Quality mode at a stable 8K60 & 4K120. I am in the middle of donwloading Modern Warfare to test out next! Will keep you posted when I get a chance to test the other ports & games 😉

F_Board
Student
Options

I’ve experienced a problem with my Q950R regarding playback of 8K content thru my memory stick. It looks like the tv makes the stick unreadable. So when I insert the memory stick back into my Mac it says there is a problem and I have to open disk utility and reformat it to exFat and transfer all my 8K videos over to it again. I have tried to insert the memory stick into other computers and they read it and it’s content without any problem. 
So there is something the TV does with the memory stick. I have tried the different ports on the tv without any luck. It just does the same thing. 

I use a Kingston 64gb usb3 stick if that helps. Please if someone could try on they’re own the and check if they have the same problem. My tv runs firmware 1361. 

0 Likes