Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 12:24 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@StuN wrote:

@Airmen wrote:

So does the box soc1005r already have hdmi2.1?

In a word: No. The OCB model number should be soc2001r. The model you've got there is the original, which only has hdmi 2.0

What about the SOC2003RS - and how can I find the specs for it ?

0 Likes
Airmen
First Poster
Options

According to samsung, none of them are... smhScreenshot_20200604-141401_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200604-141820_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
thutch
Navigator
Options

:grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye::shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

Hey guys, I just read something in another thread about a Samsung announcement on HDMI 2.1 and eArc for 2020 tvs I did not know so far:

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1587961594

See the tables included.

GQ65Q800T
DANZSTA1
Journeyman
Options
I have the same One Connect Box SOC1005R. Did u find out yet?
0 Likes
DANZSTA1
Journeyman
Options
Thanks 🙂
0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

no, I don't have any additional information on this. This article is anyhow  about the 2020 TVs, while I have a 2018 version of the Q900. Nevertheless there are some rumors that such updates should also come for older TVs in August this year delayed by Corona. On the other hand I also read that the eARC function cannot be implemented for these older TVs due to hardware restrictions in the pannel itself.

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

Does anyone know if Beamer can play videos directly on your Samsung TV (via AirPlay/WiFi) ? I was surprised to see this player can do 8K, but it will not connect without doing it through my Apple TV...

Skjermbilde 2020-06-14 kl. 16.59.48.pngSkjermbilde 2020-06-14 kl. 18.27.45.png

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @PeerNorway  I have not used the application myself , however seems that Beamer only works with Apple TV if you have Beamer 1 or 2.   Beamer 3 also supports Chromecast.

beamer-app.com/faq/what-devices-are-supported 

A bit about Beamer for anyone interested : beamer-app-review 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

I have the Beamer 3.4 versjon (paid version). What I found strange is that the option "Samsung Q900 Series (75)" comes up.

Skjermbilde 2020-06-15 kl. 16.03.02.png

0 Likes