Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 18-05-2020 07:11 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options

I set up an O2Cool 5" fan that blows on the back of the TV slots..makes a huge difference in temperature of OCB and TV screen for the Q900 series. My TV was not against wall but set out in the open but still very very hot until I got fan blowing on back of TV.....

0 Likes
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options

I purchased O2COOL fan on Amazon Prime

0 Likes
mhammerf150
Explorer
Options

yes both my  tv and ocb box get hot. i have my air conditioner blowing on the front of the screen and i ordered some usb fans that i wanna attach to the back of the tv vents to try and suck some hot air out. I will also try to cool the ocb box too. i may try to hook up the fans tomorrow and see what happens.

samsung QN65Q900RBFXZA
One Connect Box SOC1005R
0 Likes
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options
Try the 02cool 5” fan blowing not sucking on back of TV.That worked best for me for dropping temperature. Good luck!
0 Likes
mhammerf150
Explorer
Options

do you have a link for it?

samsung QN65Q900RBFXZA
One Connect Box SOC1005R
0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

@tom99 wrote:

if anyone would like to see how 8k videos look on the Q 900 you can download such material from the following source, put it on a usb stick and connect it to the OCB:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/14IKXJevMBSS1lVG7ZxjttNkERG1ZuxKK

The author converted YouTube videos in the format that can be processed by the Q 900.

it's brilliant to see the details that 8K can show!

Do you need a special "2.1 USB" stick and will this only work through the Port 4 (for HDMI 2.1) ?

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

The Italian Samsung support answered me, they told me they have no clue at the moment about an implementation of the AV1 codec but they did not exclude it will happen in the future, let me know if you will hear up from your local support

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

@PeerNorway 

this has nothing to do with HDMI ports. You just download the video from the source I mentioned, copy it on a common USB stick and plug it into one of the three USB ports on the right side of the OCB. The USB stick with them appear under the list of devices, which you then open and just start the video snd enjoy. While playing you should check the sugn on the right side of the screen and select info, which will give you details on the resolution

GQ65Q800T