Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 05:58 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
tom99
Voyager
Options

I hope with the eARC update they will also implement the AV1 codec that Samsung recently introduced, so we finally could watch 8K videos available e.g. on YouTube, which right now is not possible.

GQ65Q800T
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@tom99 wrote:

I hope with the eARC update they will also implement the AV1 codec that Samsung recently introduced, so we finally could watch 8K videos available e.g. on YouTube, which right now is not possible.

Me too! 

0 Likes
mhammerf150
Explorer
Options

when we all talk about our one connect boxes, we should all keep putting our ocb model numbers also. Mine is SOC1005R  just so we are all on the same page

samsung QN65Q900RBFXZA
One Connect Box SOC1005R
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options
Yes that was why I purchased the Q900
0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

@mhammerf150 

Good idea, I just implemented it! It can be easily done in the footer by updating your "personal information" 😊

GQ65Q800T
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options

I had to send my Q900 with box  back to Samsung as they could not replace screen (horizontal lines probably due to heat over time) as screens were on back order and I needed a TV.  Samsung picked up about two weeks ago and I received a full refund yesterday in my account. In the mean time I purchased a  Q90 series 55" and am very happy with it so far...had it about two or three weeks now. 

0 Likes
mhammerf150
Explorer
Options
i updated myy profile to also have my model number tv and one connect box model number. We all need to do this
samsung QN65Q900RBFXZA
One Connect Box SOC1005R
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

@tom99
Samsung update soundbar Q90R (eARC) with no trouble via internet,I dont see reason to not do that on televisions...
Samsung support,they tell me nothing about update hardware yesterday when we spoken about it...they only say the update will happen till autumn this year 2020..
PS. sorry on my English write..

Samsung QE65Q900RATXXH

OCB - SOC2001R

0 Likes
mhammerf150
Explorer
Options

i want the q90r soundbar also. i hope it gets updated

samsung QN65Q900RBFXZA
One Connect Box SOC1005R
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung was update soundbar Q90R before one week ago.... eARC is now available on soundbar Q90R :winking-face:

Now we must wait Samsung to update TV...