Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 15-05-2020 07:32 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options
Ok,no problem...;)
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Jonomarra
First Poster
Options

@Sunny69 wrote:

Yes you are right good grounds to Sue,

we need to pursue this or atleast make them let us upgrade to the 2020 model that supposed to be certified 8k model

0 Likes
mhammerf150
Explorer
Options

Hi i just bought a samsung  qn65q900rbfxza  and it came with a one connect box the model number of the one connect box is  soc1005r  . Can someone here please verfiy if this one connect box has hdmi 2.1 on port 4 or do i need to try to send this one connect box back to get a upgraded one that does support hdmi 2.1 on port 4  ?

samsung QN65Q900RBFXZA
One Connect Box SOC1005R
Huffdan7
Explorer
Options

I was informed mine had 2.1.  Also, if you TV is really hot or your  box  is hot buy a small fan that runs off hdmi plug to blow on back of TV.....makes a huge difference. I think the heat is what ruined my tv screen. Fan called O2Cool on amazon

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

Yesterday I got my One Connect Box replacement for my 8K QE75Q900R which should have the HDMI 2.1 ! I had to wait a couple of months, but I am happy it finally arrived. Samsung sure pulled through and did what they promised !

I have not taken it out of the box yet (I probably do that tomorrow). 

IMG_2081.jpg

I assume the only visible difference (if any) is the HDMI 2.1 input connection ? I will try to compare them before packing and returning of the old box.

tom99
Voyager
Options

I am afraid there is no visible difference at all (except type number). You just have to believe that there is a difference😉

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

For information: The model number of my exchanged box for my German Q900 is SOC2001R.

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Ivan1979
Pathfinder
Options

I spoke now with Samsung support Croatia about Q900RATXXH to get update for eARC.. He told me they should update eARC for Q900RATXXH till autumn this year,and becouse of COVID 19 crisis update is late... :smiling-face:

Huffdan7
Explorer
Options

Glad you rec'd box....I would be curious to know if you can see a difference in the picture/motion  of the device plugged into the new 2.1 port.  Seems I read somewhere the person with the new port could not see any difference. Just curious. Dan in USA

0 Likes