Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 10:56 AM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
tom99
Voyager
Options

Funny, I did not receive a usb pen drive or anthing else containing software. Was it only including the update for 1270.6?

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@tom99 wrote:

Funny, I did not receive a usb pen drive or anthing else containing software. Was it only including the update for 1270.6?

Yes :smiling-face:

Jameswalters
First Poster
Options

I have just had my q900r delivered, well, saturday. I can confirm, after a brief phone call, a samsung engineer will be on the way to take away the old box and replace it with a brand new 2.1 box. Got the engineers phone number and job number, and chose my day. Dont usually comment on forums, but think you need the truth. Great service from samsung.

0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

@Jameswalters wrote:

I have just had my q900r delivered, well, saturday. I can confirm, after a brief phone call, a samsung engineer will be on the way to take away the old box and replace it with a brand new 2.1 box. Got the engineers phone number and job number, and chose my day. Dont usually comment on forums, but think you need the truth. Great service from samsung.

Hi James,

I hope all goes well for you with your 900R, on a personal note I had a horrendous experience with the 900R series, mainly to do with Samsung's lies about the upscaling capabilities, secondly screen uniformity issues especially when watching football you can visibly see banding shadows running vertically on the screen. Once your brain knows what to look for its impossible to ignore. 

I have just brought a LG oled65e9 and it's blown me away, ill never go back to a Samsung tv

0 Likes
F_Board
Student
Options

Hi. I was wondering if those of you that have received a new OCB how can I check if mine is the new one? I just bought the Q950R and I contacted Samsung customer service and they told me that the tv support 8K and at 60Hz. They did not answer if my new TV have the new OCB box. 

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@F_Board wrote:

Hi. I was wondering if those of you that have received a new OCB how can I check if mine is the new one? I just bought the Q950R and I contacted Samsung customer service and they told me that the tv support 8K and at 60Hz. They did not answer if my new TV have the new OCB box. 

You don't need a new one :winking-face:

DiamondGeezer
Apprentice
Options

At last.  Someone who understands the difference between input and display resolution. 

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@DiamondGeezer wrote:

At last.  Someone who understands the difference between input and display resolution. 

Who?

0 Likes
DiamondGeezer
Apprentice
Options

@Hrking2000 wrote:
Hi, been keeping track of this and I raised the 8k issue with people on AV forums and this is the response I got:

“looks to me like people have confused input resolution with display resolution.
The info button shows the input resolution, if this is below 8k then the TV needs to upscale it to fill the entire screen. If they only output a 4k image when it was a 4k signal only 25% of the screen would be filled.
Its similar to clicking fullscreen when watching a 480p youtube video on your phone or PC. the source is the same but now uses up more display resolution
Or watching a DVD on a 1080p screen, the source is still SD but either the player or the TV upscales to fill the screen."

At last somebody who understands the difference between input and display resolution

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@DiamondGeezer wrote:

@Hrking2000 wrote:
Hi, been keeping track of this and I raised the 8k issue with people on AV forums and this is the response I got:

“looks to me like people have confused input resolution with display resolution.
The info button shows the input resolution, if this is below 8k then the TV needs to upscale it to fill the entire screen. If they only output a 4k image when it was a 4k signal only 25% of the screen would be filled.
Its similar to clicking fullscreen when watching a 480p youtube video on your phone or PC. the source is the same but now uses up more display resolution
Or watching a DVD on a 1080p screen, the source is still SD but either the player or the TV upscales to fill the screen."

At last somebody who understands the difference between input and display resolution

I agree

0 Likes