Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 14-11-2019 07:33 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

@Hrking2000 wrote:
Hi, been keeping track of this and I raised the 8k issue with people on AV forums and this is the response I got:

“looks to me like people have confused input resolution with display resolution.
The info button shows the input resolution, if this is below 8k then the TV needs to upscale it to fill the entire screen. If they only output a 4k image when it was a 4k signal only 25% of the screen would be filled.
Its similar to clicking fullscreen when watching a 480p youtube video on your phone or PC. the source is the same but now uses up more display resolution
Or watching a DVD on a 1080p screen, the source is still SD but either the player or the TV upscales to fill the screen."

Ah yes I can see why you are confused HrKing2000,  we are talking about the actual TV's built in ability to enhance the picture quality and not how it displays it , Sansung claim that a SD picture will be upscaled and the result will be a far superior picture than the original SD signal, I was sold the TV under the impression that regardless of the input signal the TV will upscale the picture and the output on the screen will be close to 8K, having owned the qe65q900r and actually experience the complete and utter rubbish picture quality I can state Samsung were making false and inaccurate claims.

We may not be broadcasting in 8K til 2022 and even then it won't be mainstream channels , probably some SKY channels only, when I asked Samsung about this they claimed irrespective of the broadcasting signal the built in upscaling technology in the TV will produce a 8K equivalent output picture (not exactly 8K but near) . These claims are false and Samsung’s own website advertising the TV'S capabilities are inaccurate. 

Hope this clears things up for you hrking2000. 

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

Hi all! My new one connect box is exactly like the old one (i did the ulgrade hdmi 2.1)  just port 4 is upgraded?

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

Yes, that's it 😩

GQ65Q800T
CarlH
Options

Hi @Noirdog. I've just checked and yes, it is HDMI port 4 that only allows this. 

Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@CarlH wrote:

Hi @Noirdog. I've just checked and yes, it is HDMI port 4 that only allows this. 

Hi @CarlH , and the new upgraded One Connect Box it's supposed to be Exaclty the same as the first one? I cannot see differences and i'm not able to test 8K at 60 p at the moment

0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

I mean aesthetic difference

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

Yes 60p shall be possible according to the information on the package of the box. But I'm not aware of any way how to test input on the HDMI 2.1 port and there is no test report available either.

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@tom99 wrote:

Yes 60p shall be possible according to the information on the package of the box. But I'm not aware of any way how to test input on the HDMI 2.1 port and there is no test report available either.

Ok got it, are your upgraded  One Connect Box identical to the prior one? 

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

Yes, except for the upgrade of port 4 to HDMI 2.1 - what actually nobody can evidence so far. I was told by Samsung before the exchange of the OCB that this would also come with an OS upgrade, but that's still 1270.6 just like it is shown on the Samsung support site. So no further change at all.

GQ65Q800T
Noirdog
Pathfinder
Options

@tom99 wrote:

Yes, except for the upgrade of port 4 to HDMI 2.1 - what actually nobody can evidence so far. I was told by Samsung before the exchange of the OCB that this would also come with an OS upgrade, but that's still 1270.6 just like it is shown on the Samsung support site. So no further change at all.

Right! Same here, my new OCB came with a USB pendrive with un update on, but my TV were already updated so it was pretty much useless :smiling-face: i will wait Xmas 2020 to test the Ps5 (should be hdmi 2.1) i'll let you know in one year 😂

0 Likes