Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 13-09-2019 10:45 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

I just got a call from Samsung saying they have looked into the way the tv is advertised on there site and I have a case, and that someone from higher up is going to call me to try to sort this out with me 😁

Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

Excellent news, hopefully someone from Samsung will do likewise with me, I honestly feel as if I have been duped and robbed while wearing a blind fold.

Fingers crossed they will sort it out.

KateBovski
Apprentice
Options

@Tonyst1974 wrote:

So they are saying the only way it will upscale is if your sky box was 8k and the programme on it was 1080p then it will upscale it to 8k  . I told them that’s fause advertising as there is not any 8k devices and you make it sound like it will upscale our 4K sky box’s 

It only plays 4K youtube video's even though there is 8k content on youtube.

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

These are indeed interesting news. I am surprised that Samsung has stated that the upscaling functionality will  not upscale any incoming signals to 8K. I have also bought the TV because of this capability. Without it nobody would currently buy an 8K TV , as there is no real 8K material available. However I have read many tests about this TV . The testers  have always loved this functionality and never criticized it. 

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

@katebowski 

I think I have read that this is rather a  problem of YouTube and not of  Samsung and they know about it.  Further I assume  that this can also be a question on the Internet connection, i.e.  if it is capable to deliver the 8K signal 

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options
Hi Tonyst1974,

Would you mind dropping me a quick hello to my email address please.
All lower sunny_1@live.co.uk (after sunny it's underscore and number 1)

Sunny
0 Likes
John037
First Poster
Options
Hello, Im having trouble with a new game console (xbox one x) there's no sound and I can't get it to display 4k on the Q900R. Could this be because of this connect box with the standard hdmi 2.0 I'm reading issues about? The xbox is 2.1 as standard I believe, I'm interested in this one connect box upgrade in the discussion.

Has anyone else experienced issues like this with a console? 

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

No your x box should work on the tv doesn’t matter if you’re had the upgrade or not 

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

Ok so update. Talking to Samsung today and was put through to a problem resolve team . And when talking to the guy he slipped up straight away saying the tv will not upscale a 4K blue ray coz of how it’s made , I told him that read about the tv on there own website and it says it will upscale anything to 8k even when it’s not filmed in 8k he then didn’t know what to say . I asked for some sort of compensation he said all we can do if pick up the tv and refund me. So I said no but that you for admitting the tv will not upscale . So now I can sue if I want to take it that far 😁

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

To hopefully clear things up regarding 8K upscaling, I've had it confirmed that:

All Samsung 8K TV’s (Q900RATXXU & Q950RBTXXU) have a screen with 8K resolution.  The AI upscaling engine will take a resolution input - either SD (720 x 480), HD (1920 x 1080) or UHD (3840 x 2160) - and upscale it to fit the 8K resolution screen (7680 × 4320).

YouTube 8K content uses AV1 codec – which is not supported by the YouTube app available on Samsung’s current 8K TV’s.