Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 03-09-2019 01:52 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
tom99
Voyager
Options

Update:  Just received a new one connect box for my Q900R!  I will connect it soon and will tell about any news, e.g. possible hd+ function. So maybe that’s  the start of a broad rollout 😉

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Dominootje
Journeyman
Options

Hi, i have the upgraded box several weeks and asked Samsung if there are more upgrade differences made then only the upgrade Hdmi. They said no. Only HDMI changed in upgrade.

0 Likes
Dominootje
Journeyman
Options
Yes it was free
0 Likes
Dominootje
Journeyman
Options
Sorry. I didnt get a notice that someone responded.
I contacted them in messenger. They asked my naam, adres etc.
After a few weeks it was delivered, for free.
Only Hdmi upgrade. Nothing else, samsung response.
0 Likes
wray2k
First Poster
Options
got the new 2.1 hdmi one box today, still does not play mkv movies with true hd sound, i am using it with plex app
0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

So Samsung uk called me today and said they will be sending someone out to me on Thursday to swap out my box for the new 2.1 box 

0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

I too have been in touch with Samsung UK and they are coming on Thursday as well to change my one connect box over, also do some software configuration which is why they are visiting and not just sending the box by post.

0 Likes
mervinsx
Student
Options
I contacted Samsung UK customer service yesterday and they said they will get a local company to visit me to swap the box out for free of charge. The local company called me today to say that they haven't received the replacement box yet, but it's on its way! I will confirm once I have it installed.

I also believe some settings needs to be done, to ensure the new One Connect box will work with the screen, as they are not easily swappable (apparently).
0 Likes
Sunny69
Pioneer
Options

Absolutely right the one connect boxes are not straightforward with respect to swapping then over, some settings and firmware updates need to be installed along with the new 2.1 HDMI box.

A company called Martin Dawes are changing my box over this coming Thursday. 

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

Ok so I have just had the new 2.1 box swapped but they didn’t changed the cable is this right? 

0 Likes