Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

8K Q900R. One connect box swapping HDMI 2.1

(Topic created on: 04-08-2019 01:50 PM)
dolly82
Student
Options

Have they started shipping the one connect boxes over yet from 2.0 to HDMI 2.1 ?

Cant get anything from the Indian call centre staff not one of them understands what I am asking them.

Absolutley useless for a new customer asking any questions as they do not know the products.

He kept saying on phone 60 frame per minute, then he said running in 60p -- shows you how ill informed they or on products, rang 5 different times and not one can answer my question.

does anyone who owns one of the Q900R 8Ktvs could give me an insight into them, has there been any problems, good and bad points?

be as honest as you can.

Also has anyone had the chance to see a 4k tv and an 8tv side by side and if so is the comparison noticable.?

425 REPLIES 425
robofobo
Journeyman
Options

@Dominootje wrote:

I recieved the new one connect box. The old one i can keep as backup

Wow great news, please tell us all the procedure, how did you get it. Is hdmi 2.1 is on one port or on all ports? Can you share picture model no.s for both. Thanks. I am supper excited finally it is happening.

wray2k
First Poster
Options

I would be happy if it could decode DTS and dolby atmos.

0 Likes
robofobo
Journeyman
Options

@wray2k wrote:

I would be happy if it could decode DTS and dolby atmos.

Once you have HDMI 2.1 with eARC  you will be good to go. 

0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

Hi, fyi - the German support offered me to register for a free exchange of the box based on which I would be automatically informed when it will be shiped. Problem is that this will be a third version and was still under developement. So I did register during that phonecall.

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

Samsung uk still say it’s on going so no upgrade yet 

0 Likes
Tonyst1974
Apprentice
Options

Ok so call Samsung again and ask to talk to someone that knows what’s happening with this box upgrade and was told that at the minute the 2.1 box is only 2.1 on one port but Samsung are working on a box which has 2.1 on 4 ports and when this is ready we will be getting this box and that’s why it’s taking so long 

0 Likes
Killzone
Journeyman
Options
I am on various forums and its alarming the amount of faulty 900rs , and if your buying online trying to get it returned could be a issue.
The one connect box replacement is a bit annoying , just to rub salt into the wound
0 Likes
Killzone
Journeyman
Options
Maybe they are waiting for Dolby Vision 🤣😂🤣😂
0 Likes
tom99
Voyager
Options

So far my 900R is working pretty fine.  Honestly  so far I have not seen many complaints in the German fora for this TV. Further I can confirm what Tonyst1974 posted, that’s what I was told as well.  HDMI 2.1 is a  pretty new technology so not surprising if the implementation takes a bit longer. Actually, it’s not  that urgent for me as  currently there is no real use case for that 😉

GQ65Q800T
0 Likes
MietiSam
Journeyman
Options
Contacted the Italian Live Chat, which did tell me that they were not aware of when the upgrade would happen, and advised to check the news on site. When i told them that in other countries they were already sending the upgrades he told me to "not be in a hurry, 8k won't be a thing until 2022". So disappointed, never again a samsung enthusiat product.
0 Likes