Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

82" Q900R screen sections

(Topic created on: 22-08-2022 05:54 PM)
ShartingLlama
Student
Options

Hi, I bought my 82" 8K Q900 TV last year from best buy.  Brand new.  March 31st 2022 ended my 12 month warranty.  But when I was trying to watch some TV last night, I got this picture. 

20220821_214331.jpg

 the screen is vertically split into 4 sections.  Each section has different lighting and color happening.   

For most TV I watch. And the settings the TV is set to.  I don't nornally see the lines.  But last night I was trying to enable Dolby atmos signal from the xbox to the TV with my Q90R soundbar connected.  Per the settings, when the TV is in game mode, it will pass the atmos signal through to the soundbar.  In doing so, it gives this horrible picture.  When I turn off game mode, it gets better, but I lose atmos.  

I game on my Xbox Series X as well on this TV.  I use the HDMI 4 port for 4K @ 120hz.  And I can see the lines when the screen is panning side to side.  

I spend way too much time trying to get these items to work properly together. Should be a piece of cake but it's not.   And now I'm out of warranty and not sure if it's worth the hassle of getting ahold of Samsung just to tell me they can't do anything.  

I've bought nothing but Samsung TV's for the last 20 years, but it may be time to change.  

4 REPLIES 4
Superhoops10
Apprentice
Options

I get the same when I’m watching football it’s very visible! Driving me mad. Tried everything.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
ShartingLlama
Student
Options

When I turn off game mode, and reduce the local dimming and other local effects, it gets way better.  I think the TV used 4 sections as (local) settings for each one.  So they work independently .  But for tv and movies it stinks.  

I'll have to replay back when I'm back in front of the TV with the new settings I'm using.  

Superhoops10
Apprentice
Options

Thank you really appreciate it 👍🏻

0 Likes
Superhoops10
Apprentice
Options

Did you get a chance to look at your settings please. Thanks you

0 Likes