Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65q950ts Issue with Game Mode on Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 19-01-2021 10:25 PM)
MikeyizBK
First Poster
Options

Yesterday, I installed my new Samsung 65q950ts. After setting everything up, I connected my Xbox Series X to the hdmi 4 port of the One Connect Box, the tv recognised the console as a Xbox Series X (gave it the green Xbox tile in the Smart Hub) and automatically engaged Gaming Mode when I got to the home menu of the Xbox.

Everything seemed to be working fine, untill I tried to load up a game. At that point, the screen went black, Game Mode automatically turned off and “hdmi 4 No Signal is show. I can’t see the screen of the Xbox untill I “dashboard” blindly via the home button on the Xbox Controller and it gets back to the menu screen of the Xbox. At that point, Game Mode enables itself again, the screen turns “on” and I can do everything like watch YouTube (except play games...). 

I have updated to the latest firmware (1403) via wifi, removed both the hdmi cables from the One Connect Box and the Xbox afterwards, and tried switching to Game Mode “on” instead of “auto”. This does not seem to solve the issue. Also, after the firmware update, it doesn’t show the Xbox tile on the source selection at hdmi 4 anymore, it just says “Unknown”.

Other posts on this forum stated that updating to the latest firmware should solve the problem, but it doesn’t for me. 

Please help! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
acorreia73
First Poster
Options

Some games are not yet ready for next gen consoles 120fps/vrr such as Destiny 2, you need to turn off vrr and 120fps on console for destiny 2 to work without issues, I believe 120fps with no vrr also works. Microsoft is aware of this.

0 Likes
acorreia73
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Marcusdr
Pioneer
Options

Get the same issue on my Q95T. Turn game mode off. Launch the game and then turn it back on once the game has launched. Hopefully Samsung and Microsoft are working on a fix because it is extremely annoying. 

0 Likes
toshamercer
First Poster
Options

Maybe the game is not suitable for your device. Please try another game. For example, https://techgara.com/among-us

0 Likes
James Sons
First Poster
Options

You should need to update your xbox device then try and if you get then go to service center if it is under warranty period. However, you can download games externally.

0 Likes