Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65KS9500 New Firmware 1242 - Issues with firmware

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 10:54 AM)
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

The new update of Samsung KS series 7000--->9800!!!
Fw 1242 update completely destroys the game mode. Test it in game mode local dimming test in youtube. The black color is now gray. What the .... is this update?? Why destroy samsung Ks series??? I have UE65KS9505. This model in Usa UN65KS9800. This model is FALD local dimming one of the best black level on samsung model with 150 local dimming zones. This model was at that time the most expensive Samsung TV. Please help us who have this TV!! Samsung cannot do this to destroy thousands of dollars of TVs.
Test your KS series tv's to see the problem. Ks7000--->Ks9800.
Need to report to Samsung so we know about the problem and they fix it. Don't ruin our TV!

80 REPLIES 80
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

Ideally we'd like to keep conversations going. But I can see both rozel's and Gabor64's sides to this.

As another option, us Mods could separate out the two themes (what 1242 brings to the table; and issues with the 1242 firmware) into two separate threads, and move the relevant posts.

It's the less easy option as posts on the themes have become tangled up with one another, and will probably require some deleting in order to keep the conversation making sense/more amicable. But happy to do this if you guys feel this would be the best solution all round. 

Let us know. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options

Ok so my opinion on this..

So ive put on here before theres a serious problem with the ks series tvs especially after this update or past few updates...

Anyone who says the tv is ok or looks better clearly does not know much about picture degrading.

But also theres no point in arguments i think its pretty clear that most people here are unhappy and feel samsung has done this to make us upgrade what still is a fantastic tv

0 Likes
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

@AntS

Hello!  How could we transfer issues dealing with errors to another post?

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

@AntS  What you are proposing is perfectly acceptable, thank you

Fredy77
Student
Options

Please post a link to the new thread about firmware problems

AntS
Options

Hi guys,

Cheers! :smiling-face:

I've separated the two themes.

Please post in this thread for the issues/problems with the 1242 firmware.

And for those who are interested, the original thread by rozel asking for what the firmware brings to the table is here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/65KS9500-New-Firmware-1242-Anyone-know-what-this-firmware-doe...

Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

Hy Everyone! 

So make this new thread clean for everyone that deals with bugs and fixes: 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/65KS9500-New-Firmware-1242-Issues-with-firmware/td-p/1591072

and this old thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/65KS9500-New-Firmware-1242-Anyone-know-what-this-firmware-doe...

Best regards! 

0 Likes
angelmg022
First Poster
Options

Any news? My KS9000 was to affected by the update 1242.

20200612_075246.jpg20200612_075641.jpg20200612_075707.jpg

0 Likes
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

For now unfortunately nothing, signal as many as possible to Samsung to correct the bugs and restore the old condition.

0 Likes
ctbarker32
First Poster
Options

I received 1242 a few days ago and it has caused serious problems. 1242 eliminates TV Picture mdoes down to two (Standard, Dynamic). I lose Movie Mode for example. The only way to get it back is to rest TV to factory. Then Movie Mode comes back? Plus I have to change all my settings again. I thought I was okay, but then it did it again and I had to reset all over again. I have now turned off updates but I have heard tha Samsung overrides and pushes updates anyway. I really like 1241 but 1242 is a disaster for me.

0 Likes