Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65KS9500 New Firmware 1242 - Issues with firmware

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 10:22 AM)
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

The new update of Samsung KS series 7000--->9800!!!
Fw 1242 update completely destroys the game mode. Test it in game mode local dimming test in youtube. The black color is now gray. What the .... is this update?? Why destroy samsung Ks series??? I have UE65KS9505. This model in Usa UN65KS9800. This model is FALD local dimming one of the best black level on samsung model with 150 local dimming zones. This model was at that time the most expensive Samsung TV. Please help us who have this TV!! Samsung cannot do this to destroy thousands of dollars of TVs.
Test your KS series tv's to see the problem. Ks7000--->Ks9800.
Need to report to Samsung so we know about the problem and they fix it. Don't ruin our TV!

80 REPLIES 80
Test_auditor
Journeyman
Options

I took the pics on  night mode to exhibit more easily to everyone what's is the problem ! What do you think? Look for this on your tv ! Reproduce any postcredits scene and verify how awful and slow  the backlight respond to transitions and the exaggerated blooming around light sources!

Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

I started dealing with the topic here and from the beginning I asked everyone to report to Samsung that the local dimmimg algorithm is bad. 2-3 months ago I didn’t get any feedback that they were working to improve the image quality. I sent a letter to Samsung America, England and Korea several times a week to finally notice. So far no feedback that they are working on it. I ask everyone to signal to Samsung as soon as they can to fix the bugs.

0 Likes
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

Refer to this post to see many people have a problem. Many may not have noticed the errors. I have a UE65KS9505 with FullArrayLocalDimmimg which means 150 zones and it was a flagship tv when it was released now but the picture quality has pretty much deteriorated especially during night TV or Ps4 Pro.

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

@Gabor94  Yes you were in at the start Hi-Jacking my thread.  I accepted the second post as a solution.  You were intolerably rude at the start but recognise you've changed since but nevertheless, you should have started a new thread to air your grievances.  Judging by the few people who have posted, I guess the problems with this firmware are not too great.  Others are introducing other firmwares and I do wonder if everyone who has issues actually posess a UK set or at least one from the EU.  Your set doesn't exist (UE65KS9505  - really?) so judging by the hasty way you make posts, you are just airing your issue repeatedly for which you will get absolutely nowhere.  I am asking the Moderators to close this thread.

0 Likes
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

@rozel I didn't start a new one because I didn't understand it because I registered here then. i started here because i saw the 1242 software deal in this post. So we don’t want them to close this post because a lot of people’s experiences are described here. You may not have a mistake, but you can see that many do. Sorry if I was disrespectful I was just nervous because I saw that this update ruined my tv. UE65KS9505 North European model. This model in UK UE65KS9500 in usa UN65KS9800.

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi guys, can I just ask everyone to continue the discussion more amicably? It's perfectly to fine to have a different opinion on the same topic. Cheers!
rozel
Voyager
Options

@SaudA  I asked for this thread to be closed please - I have always conducted myself amicably unlike @Gabor94  who, as I have stated already has hi-jacked this thread and is conducting an argument with others which is off-topic at the very least.  As the starter of this thread I am respectably asking you to close it please.

0 Likes
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

You're starting to upset me guy! Read what was the first post you wrote here it's all about what caused this update! All the posts were about what things have changed in this update!

If you don't like something then unsubscribe from this post and you won't see what conversation is going on here!

I am working on our behalf to correct the mistake so I do not understand what your objection is! Get out of here then!

0 Likes
Dezire
First Poster
Options

@SaudA and Gabor94, I ask you we be understanding to each other as well as others views, I believe in sharing our experiences we shall get a solution. It would thus not be proper to close the thread in my view right now. Both of your contributions are enlightening to me and am sure to others. I have learnt a lot from this thread! 

0 Likes
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

@rozel i try to help all the people who have similar problems this is what you come for and you cross everyone! what do you imagine about yourself?? I want to help everyone! Why are you teasing? Why are you tying me?