Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65KS9500 New Firmware 1242 - Issues with firmware

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 08:40 AM)
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options

The new update of Samsung KS series 7000--->9800!!!
Fw 1242 update completely destroys the game mode. Test it in game mode local dimming test in youtube. The black color is now gray. What the .... is this update?? Why destroy samsung Ks series??? I have UE65KS9505. This model in Usa UN65KS9800. This model is FALD local dimming one of the best black level on samsung model with 150 local dimming zones. This model was at that time the most expensive Samsung TV. Please help us who have this TV!! Samsung cannot do this to destroy thousands of dollars of TVs.
Test your KS series tv's to see the problem. Ks7000--->Ks9800.
Need to report to Samsung so we know about the problem and they fix it. Don't ruin our TV!

80 REPLIES 80
Gabor94
Pioneer
Options
Contact them by email or phone. Find the support page and there will be an email address and phone number!
If you don't go to this email you will call and tell them that with the 1242 update the tv has only gotten worse for you too and let me fix the bug as soon as possible! That’s why they put our money in their pockets to get the right service in return!
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options

Ill have a look and try to contact them by email or phone.

I also advise other members do the same so samsung recognize theres a serious problem here as this is not on.

0 Likes
Mr_F
Student
Options

IS it possible to downgrade to 1242? my TV is doing the 1241 update now, i only use game mode (dont watch tv on it!) so am a tad worried

0 Likes
JKJohn
Journeyman
Options
Straight answer is no or not very easy to roll back upgrade. Better turn off automatic update.
0 Likes
Antonz85
Pathfinder
Options

Unfortunatly you cant i wish you could. But this firnware needs to be fixed asap

0 Likes
paul133
First Poster
Options

Following my 1242 update the tv has become absolutely terrible. Not to mention Disney+ will now only showing hd opposed to hdr previously. Honestly how is this allowed in today's consumer society. What can be done? it's wrong I'm looking to spend 1500 on a new TV due to this terrible update 

0 Likes
JKJohn
Journeyman
Options

The best thing all of us can do is do not buy anymore Samsung products and discourage someone you know if planning to buy a Samsung TV. Today's world companies focusing on marketing bcz they know they can sell well if they do successful marketing. They less care about existing/ loyal customers. They have huge brand fan boys who ready to buy any ***** for excessive money because of the brand name.

0 Likes
toecheese
First Poster
Options

I've had my TV for 4 years now and every single firmware update people complain on all the boards that the latest update has done something bad to the image quality.  For 4 years and numerous firmware updates, it's always looked 100% identical to me.  Maybe the firmware is just making you pay closer attention and you're noticing flaws in the picture that have aways been there.

0 Likes
rozel
Voyager
Options

@toecheese  I really could not agree more 👍 Last week's launch of Sky TV's HDR-HLG went without hitch, for those with compatible Q boxes and I must say my KS9500 was up to the mark again with PQ looking superb as always.

0 Likes
Test_auditor
Journeyman
Options

@toecheese  I don't know how you can't even notice the terrible local dimming control compared against fw 1241.5 . The problem here is not only passing from good blacks to these awful grayish and blooming image... The transition for this new local dimming is terrible slow at glanceIMG_20200601_022710.jpg

IMG_20200601_022628.jpg