Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

65" Q95T update 2303 issues with Xbox Series X

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 03:46 PM)
Mike_0481
Student
Options

Hello,

My tv updated to ver 2303 this evening and ever since, when choosing 4k 120hz on my Series X, the screen goes black and then pops up with the no signal message. I have also found that once it does this, it also affects the other 3 hdmi ports by giving the same no signal message, which worked perfectly fine until I try to enable 120hz on hdmi 4. The only way to remedy this is my holding the power button on the remote and resetting the tv, in which it turns the Series X back to 60hz and all hdmi ports work fine.

I contacted samsung support who in turn said to contact xbox having gone through the picture resets etc. I did this even though I know the xbox is fine, and was told by xbox support that everything is okay with my Series X.

Prior to the update there was absolutely no issues at all when using 4k 120hz in game mode on the Series X, so I'm going to assume it's a firmware problem but just wondered if I'm alone with this annoying issue.

23 REPLIES 23
René Winkler
Apprentice
Options

Same here ! 

Solution
René Winkler
Apprentice
Options

Hey Mike, just found the workaround.. set the color depth on the xbox from 36 bits to 30 bits and then switch back to game mode and turn on 4k 120hz! Have a nice day, greets from Germany 

Solution
Mike_0481
Student
Options

Hi René, thank you so much for the workaround! Just changed to 10 bit and it works again!! Much appreciated! Hope you have a good evening.

Istarth
Pioneer
Options

I am having a similar problem with my PS5 !! after last firmware I am not getting 4K 120Hz through my AVR... all I get is "no signal" and all inputs stop working once I try to use 120Hz.... all I can do is to unplug PS5 and reset the TV. The only way know to use PS5 is disabling 8k mode in my AVR.... Before new firmware all was working perfect ! Any idea ¿?

0 Likes
Members_RBUf0Ov
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for that Workaround @René Winkler , I'm going to try that out.
Was going crazy this morning.😤

HDMI no signal
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. I bought 1 year ago the samsung qe65q95talxxn. 3 months ago I bought the Xbox series x. Set all settings on 4K 120hz and 120fps. Everything worked fine. Till 2 days ago. Al my hdmi Ports: no signal. So I reset the tv, Tried other hdmi cables, left the tv, Xbox, soundbar without powe for 1 full night. Next day still nothing working. When I put only the Xbox hdmi in port 4 and then set the tv on power I have a signal of the Xbox. But only in 60hz and only in standard screen modus. When i switch to game modes, or the tv does that’s auto. It crashes and again no signal. So I called the Samsung support. They called me back to reset my hdmi port from extern. So they logged into my tv. Did someting, then without testing hanging up the phone. I called back they told me a repair guy will come the next day. The next day some other company called me to make a appointment. So I called Samsung back and got the same agry guy repair guy on the phone. He told me that he told me yesterday that I need to leave the tv 30 minutes without power after the reset of the hdmi ports. He tells  me that today. Yesterday when he resented my ports he didn’t told me that. So the reset isn’t done correctly. I asked if he can do the reset again, but this time correctly. But they don’t want to to that. Why, they don’t want to tell me. Now I need to get a repair man that will demolish my brand new top model tv. Because they don’t want to do a correctly reset. Very bad service from Samsung. They don’t want to help. They don’t want to explain, hanging up the phone. I will sent them a complain and I will call my lawyer.

René Winkler
Apprentice
Options

You can reset it by yourself! Just hold the Power Button on your Remote ! 

0 Likes
HDMI no signal
Apprentice
Options

Hi Rene, 

I I have the same problem. I have a qe65q95talxxn tv. And also 2303 version. When I turn of the game mode I have signal on my tv from my Xbox series x. But when I switch to game mode ‘ no signal’ I read your advice to set the color depth on 30 bits. But it still don’t work on game mode. I even tried Al the settings in the lowest quality and then switch to game mode but again no signal. Without game mode, so on normal or film mode, I have the Xbox signal. Can you help me pls

0 Likes
René Winkler
Apprentice
Options

You have to follow the order.

Turn off 4k and hdr points on your series x. Than switch to a lower color depth (36 to 30 worked for me). Then turn gamemode back on.And then you can activate all graphic points (4k and hdr) on your series x . This has to work ! Greets