Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65" 8K QLED TV QE65Q950TSTXXC Looses picture and resets multiple times on its own

(Topic created on: 22-04-2022 08:33 PM)
Martin_Ihlang
Apprentice
Options

65" 8K QLED TV QE65Q950TSTXXC

Hey, so Ive got a problem where my TV started to turn off on its own after some time. This started shortly after I bought it 9 ish months ago, but Im not using it too much so I have not bothered looking into it until now, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The sequence of events is more or less the same every time;

1. Im listening to music, its been 15-45 minutes
  2. The screen goes black but sound continues for approximately 5 seconds
  3. Then the TV shuts off with a click sound (like a relay)
  4. Restarts but as soon as it comes back it shuts down again with the same click sound
  5. This happens a few times for about a minute, then it starts as normal and it will be some time before the same events repeat.

The only thing connected is my PC via HDMI cable, however this is rarely in use, Ethernet and power.
Im using the Spotify app, and I have made sure to update and such, as well as disconnected everything and reconnecting everything a number of times.

Located in Norway, not sure if that entails anything

Here is a recording of the process right after it began, i have yet to be able to catch it happening from the beginning, this is only a few seconds after the TV was playing music and was showing a picture;
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vZpkvTYZHoAbF1X88

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Guessing you have but have you got auto switch off turned off in eco mode
G G
0 Likes
Martin_Ihlang
Apprentice
Options

Yeh, and all idle settings and other eco settings & ambient detect i off, i hate those "features"

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Are you able to give us the current software version of the TV please, @Martin_Ihlang? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Martin_Ihlang
Apprentice
Options

I took pictures of the tech details and added them to the album;
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vZpkvTYZHoAbF1X88

Please let me know if you need any other info

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Just found that that the qe65q950tstxxu (https://www.hotukdeals.com/visit/threaddesc/3644237/16503118i) s covered by a 5 year warranty if you registered your tv. But not sure if this covers the c maybe a moderator could elaborate
G G
0 Likes
Martin_Ihlang
Apprentice
Options

This warranty system is not available in Norway, we´re covered regardless of registration and the link only works for UK apparently, cant select other countries. And I´m not too worried about warranty since I´ve got additional insurance on it.
Its just ... a pain to transport. 

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry you culd try samsung live chat to do a remote access to either do a full reset to see if it helps (i woud take a photo of yor settings firsts) or try to see if there is something more
G G
0 Likes