Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65" 2019 Frame auto detection not working

(Topic created on: 22-01-2020 02:19 PM)
Frame3
Student
Options

Brought a 2019 Frame 65" and although it's awesome (I've had it 4 days so ask me again in one month!) the Art mode auto detector isn't working when it's been switched off during the night.  I can see from other forums from last year this is a common occurance  and wanted to know if anyone had the same issue and managed to get it resolved?? .  It's not something that makes me want to return the product but it's a cool feature that prompted me to buy the Frame over the other QLED Ambient style ranges.   

- I'm on the latest firmware 1335

- I've toggled night mode on/off

- Autorun is switched on 

- I was on the phone with a Samsung rep who was adament that I should have to turn Ambient mode on - This is actually not a feature on the Samsung Frame but I understand not every helpdesk person will have a full understanding of every product they sell but it was a little worrying he couldn't get  this from their own website. 

- He did tell me something I've read before on many forums that this is a feature that isn't availble on all models and a SW update would be coming soon - I swiftly told him this sounds like a 'BS' style response  you'd give someone where you don't know the answer and want the person off the phone ,  the analogy I gave was 'if I brought a Tesla that had autopilot avertised and when I recieved the car it did not have that feature it would be misleading advertising'  

- I've arranged a remote session next week to see if anyone can actually help,  if it's a hardware issue I'm not sure what remote assistance could offer. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Would you be able to let us know how you get on after the remote session please, @Frame3?

0 Likes
Frame3
Student
Options

Update -

- I turned Auto Power = off 

- I removed the bottom bezel to see if this was obstructing the detector 

The next morning in front of the TV which was off and the artwork came on.  To further test I put the bezel back on and for the last 2 days it's been working as expected so I hope the auto power as well as the other listed changes did the job 

I have the remote call still planned in 3 days time so will see how it goes as I've read it can be glitchy and hopefully it'll still be working by the time then otherwise I'll get the tech to assist remotely - hope this helps ! 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's great, @Frame3! Thanks for letting us know!