Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

58NU7100 dark HDR scenes are too dark

(Topic created on: 26-11-2018 06:50 PM)
alexs20
Journeyman
Options

The HDR mode intends to improve dark scenes pictures, but due to the global dimming algoritm that Samsung implemented it is impossible to see HDR movies with dark scenes.
I have disabled all image post processing, switched all ECO modes, but it still dimming on dark scenes. Dаmn, its drives me crazy. Especially you can see that when you open setting menu over dark scene. You can see how it increases the light because the menu is white, but once you close it it decreaces it and again everythig is dark.

Going to return this tv.

30 REPLIES 30
RMFC85
Student
Options

https://youtu.be/ov9niiau5x4
watch that video if you have problems with dark scenes in a Samsung tv. It fixes everything on tv pre-2020.

0 Likes
RMFC85
Student
Options
Liorkn
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. I have a new remote without any numbers. Tried the phonea remote app but it doesn't work when the TV is off. Any solutions?

0 Likes
Sterf97
Student
Options

Yes, I've already used that solution and it works fine for me (with those elements up to 100) but yesterday I was watching First Man on Amazon prime and it seemed to me very dark.... Except for this Netflix and cable TV are working well.  Anyway, perhaps,  this time was a problem of my connection because it was working at only 3mbps... Do you think that it may be connected with this issue? ( I live in a small country in Italy and fiber has just arrived ahaha) 

0 Likes
AuburnWAuser
First Poster
Options

Yes, returning! Terrible quality. How can they legally call this 4k. It's a lie. We have a second tv in the same room so we compared on the movie Thor. The quality on this Is terrible way to dark Brightness maxes at 50 and you can't see anything in half the Thor movie. 

Bwilly2000
First Poster
Options

For anyone reading this looking for an actual solution, Samsung released software update 1301 and it fixes this issue nicely. I was very frustrated with the darkness and this update made a big difference. I believe it came out July 2020.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Does anybody know if there will be an update for the Frame 32 2020 soon? I have the same problem and movies are unwatchable...

TMacFanBoy
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much. Worked like magic

0 Likes
LetMeTurnOffHDR
Pathfinder
Options

Didn't work.. 😕

0 Likes
Ricardt007
First Poster
Options

Turn off the TV and unplug it then plug back in.  Only way to get out of the HDR mode 

0 Likes