Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55'' The Frame: Art mode too bright in the evening

(Topic created on: 04-12-2020 09:35 AM)
siri2
First Poster
Options

Hi!
I just got my new 55'' The Frame and I can't figure this out: When the TV is in Art mode it is supposed to adapt to the brightness in the room, right? In the evening or when I turn off the lights in the room, there is no change in brightness of the picture in Art mode. So at evening it glows like a flashlight and doesn't look like a true picture at all. I've seen the TV in other homes not behaving like this, so I don't understand what is wrong with mine. Can I do something with the settings to fix this or is the light sensor defect? Has anyone experienced the same? :smiling-face:

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Shinodrew
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I got the same problem. Somehow when the sun is shining or when it's dark outsight, the Frame doesn't looks good...

The brightness is changing, so the sensor works fine with me... 

Do we need to calibrate it?

0 Likes
zeitgeist_hl2dm
Apprentice
Options

Hey there!

I have the 2020 50inch model and I have made a breakthrough discovery!
I was struggling to get the ART mode to get to the correct brightness at night. It would always be too bright if set on the minimum brightness.

Out of desperation I tried to replaced the LED bulb of one or my main table lamps in the living room with a halogen one I had stored.

BINGO!  The TV recognizes the brightness Perfectly now and sets itself to the Exact brightness needed !

Clearly there is a problem with detecting LED lighting brightness. I have opened a ticket with Samsung about this. I am not holding my breath though :winking-face:  So for now the halogen bulb remains.

Hope this helps some!

MLow
First Poster
Options

Same Issue - anyone heard anything.

0 Likes