Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55" QN700A Neo QLED 8K Rebooting

(Topic created on: 17-04-2023 06:21 PM)
Craig81
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

My QN700A has started to reboot itself. The picture goes black then I get the samsung name screen and the picture comes back on. It did this a few times a couple of days ago but last night it did it about 5 times in 30mins.

The one connect box mounted on the back if the tv stand it quite warm to the touch. I have checked for software updates and it is currently on its lasted. I have unplugged it from the wall today to see if that does anything. Apart from doing a factory reset is there anything else I could try?

Tv is less than 12 months old.

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
Dimgeek
Explorer
Options
I had this with my TV and Samsung sent a replacement (of the same model). It's now happening with the replacement. I think it must be a design fault with the TVs themselves. I bought the original TV in November 2021 and got the replacement less than 6 months ago.

If Samsung offer me the option of a refund this time I think I'll take it and buy a cheaper TV from another brand. Samsung TVs are apparently of a low quality build.
0 Likes
Paul164
Student
Options

Had Samsung for 10 years and never a problem until this TV. 

I opted for a refund as well. Went with the reviews the second time round and bought the best rated. 

LG OLED 2022 and it’s so much better.

JimB222
First Poster
Options

Hi, I too have had my 8k neo for 6 months and it too is rebooting in watching standard tv or streaming on youtube, whatever i watch…..

0 Likes
Lloyd11
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same happening to mine, bought in March 2022, constantly rebooting itself. 100% a known Samsung fault with this tv model. I have been on the phone with customer services for over 4 hours yesterday and today and they only say to get it repaired. But then I’ve read that thousands of people have had it repaired before and then the issue comes back a shortly while later. Utterly disappointed as all other Samsung models I’ve had have been fine. 

Rocketman48
Journeyman
Options

My QN700A started rebooting once a week, then once a day and in January it wouldn't stay on AT ALL.   A repair was eventually done ONE MONTH later and two hours later the problem started again.  I am now one month AGIN AFTER the repair and I still do not have a working Samsung TV.  The service from Samsung is borderline illegal and their call centres (based in the Philippines I was told) fail to recognise that the UK has laws such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015 which Samsung completely dismiss.  I will NEVER ever buy ANYTHING Samsung again after having Samsung TVs, phones, for the last 15 years. 

Charles28
First Poster
Options

Had the TV less than a year and I am having a similar issue with mine.  Contacted support and they have asked for video evidence that I have and issue before they will send someone to repair it.  I have loyally bought Samsung products over the years as they have been good value and great products.  Based on this encounter I will be switching now.

0 Likes
Craig81
Journeyman
Options

Update - 

I ended up getting the QN700B model after I got refunded for the QN700A. 9 months after getting the updated model, I am having the same issues. The QN700B randomly keeps rebooting or shutting down all together.

I have booked it in for repair on line, I spoke to the repair company this morning to get a engineer to come out and have a look at it but they instantly said they want to bring it in for repair after I explained what was happening, as they know what the problem is and can order the replacement parts to fix the issue. 

From what they said Samsung have found out what the issue is with the TV's and this is quite a common fault with this models. It has plagued the 700,700a and the 700b models, I noticed on Richer Sounds that the QN700b is no longer for sale on there and is being replaced with the QN700C due out in April some time.

I just hope that Samsung extend their warranty for these models after the repairs have been completed and it doesn't start doing the same thing in 9 months time!

Beginning to wish I had bought a different TV after having 2 of them fail!

0 Likes
maguirrep
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the same problem in Spain with a QE75QN800A, recently call Samsung Support and waitting.

0 Likes
Craig81
Journeyman
Options

Am waiting for mine to be returned. It was picked up just over a week and a half ago. Got a call today to say it has been fixed and they are returning it on Thursday.

keep on contacting them and hopefully they will fix it for you. 

0 Likes
Lloyd11
Apprentice
Options

Yep! Major fault with this tv! Never buying Samsung again. 

0 Likes