Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55" QN700A Neo QLED 8K Rebooting

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 10:52 AM)
Craig81
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

My QN700A has started to reboot itself. The picture goes black then I get the samsung name screen and the picture comes back on. It did this a few times a couple of days ago but last night it did it about 5 times in 30mins.

The one connect box mounted on the back if the tv stand it quite warm to the touch. I have checked for software updates and it is currently on its lasted. I have unplugged it from the wall today to see if that does anything. Apart from doing a factory reset is there anything else I could try?

Tv is less than 12 months old.

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Get in touch with Samsung to have an engineer come and check it over, especially if the connect box is getting hot. Is the top of the TV also hot to the touch when it's on? It's not something you should ignore and neither will Samsung as they take electrical faults with TVs seriously given the fire risk.
SereneH
Options

Hi, @Craig81!

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. We'd recommend using the troubleshooter on our website: Book Your Repair with an Authorised Service Centre | Samsung UK 😊

giphy.gif
Craig81
Journeyman
Options

Thanks I have been in contact with the repair services. An engineer come out yesterday, he looked at the diagnostic screen on the tv and said there is a fault with the screen and the board inside the TV. Said they both need replacing. Have had a email from Samsung yesterday saying someone will be in contact with in 2 days to resolve the problem. Will keep this thread updated if anyone else has the same issues. Thanks

Craig81
Journeyman
Options

Samsung got in contact with me last Friday and offered me a refund or a exchange for the newer model as this one is no longer available. I have opted for a refund. Am just waiting for them to pick it up before the refund can be processed. I was contacted by the courier today and they are picking it up on Monday. Am going to take photos of the TV before they pick it up just incase it get damaged in transit and I get the blame.

Paul164
Student
Options

I have the same TV doing the same thing. 
3 months old £1200. Who do I contact… John Lewis or Samsung ?

0 Likes
Craig81
Journeyman
Options

I bought mine direct from Samsung, contact John Lewis first and see what they say. Make sure you have proof of purchase. I had no issues myself personally getting my refund direct from Samsung but they have a process to go through first, they sent a engineer out first to diagnose a problem. I ended up buying the updated version 700B but noticed at John Lewis today that the 700B model was reduced to clear. Make of that what you will but am not holding out on the updated model if it’s already reduced to clear. Not had any problems with the new one myself as of yet. 

0 Likes
Edward Brain
First Poster
Options

I had this problem with the previous model 2 years ago. They then upgraded me to this model. It has now started happening to the point it is now completely unwatchable as it just continually reboots. It has taken me over a week to get to the point whereby they are sending out a technician so the delay has been really annoying. 

I am sceptical in buying the QE700B model now. 

0 Likes
SimonS
Journeyman
Options
Same this is happening to mine. Mine is also less than 12 months old
0 Likes
Mark Fuller
First Poster
Options

Mine started to misbehave this morning. Switching on and off repeatedly with a ghosting on the upper part of the screen when it decided to stay on for more than ten minutes. Finally managed to do a factory reset to no avail! Purchased direct from Samsung in May 2022. I spoke to customer service today and was assured this is a very rare occurrence, based on what I read here I'm not so sure.

0 Likes