Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

55" Class TU7000 Crystal UHD 4K Smart TV (2020) UN55TU7000FXZA firmware update

(Topic created on: 08-03-2023 10:38 PM)
Rob33873
Journeyman
Options

The firmware version of this tv is 2111.1 the newer version via usb download is 2401.0 ..no matter what i try i can not get it to update via usb...i have placed the folder on the usb...i have taken them out of the folder, no matter how i place them it still says no new update....any help would be thankful.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Egg1
Voyager
Options
I'm guessing you checked it hasn't updated to new version and any attempts after would respond no new update?
Also, can't you update smart TV via Internet?
0 Likes
Rob33873
Journeyman
Options

Tried internet update...says no new updates at this time.

Egg1
Voyager
Options
Factory reset and try again?
0 Likes
Rob33873
Journeyman
Options

Been there done that.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @Rob33873  presumably you unzipped the file,should be saved in the USB top level folder.  Can check guide just in case here https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/202212/20221208090827061/2020_TV_firmware_Upgrade_Inst... 

it will not update if the same or  newer version already installed, does not seem to be the case here though.  If correct procedure followed could possibly be a corrupt file, though could try formatting and downloading the file again. cannot have any other files on the USB drive.

At times firmware is available to download to USB before OTA  on the Tv.

For information the changelog for 2401 is as follows (no just rounded up on support site)

• An error has been fixed that can occur when continuously scrolling through series images on Netflix
  • Issues with the webapi subtitle enginge have been fixed
  • The Samsung TV Plus logo has been adjusted
  • The area detection with the Galaxy Z Fold4 has been optimized
  • The performance of Samsung TV Plus has been optimized

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Rob33873
Journeyman
Options

I have tried to reformat again Fat32...re downloaded  4201 update again ...unzipped and placed  the folder into the flash drive ...i had to remove the SWU_AUTO_FLAG file if not the update by USB never showed up, still a no go.

Rob33873
Journeyman
Options

So i`m guessing there is no known solution to this issue at hand.

0 Likes
adrtbsr
First Poster
Options

having a similar issue, though realizing after i freaked out at the 7th support agent, my USB stick is to large and wont format to fat32.... Ill update once I get one

0 Likes
Rob33873
Journeyman
Options

Good luck with that ..i tried the same thing fat32 and still will not update.