Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50Q60T distorted sound from speakers, similar to bubbling water, at low volume

(Topic created on: 19-10-2020 02:29 PM)
Tuly
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone, 

Did somebody noticed a weird noise coming from the speakers at lower volume?  Randomly, my TV tends to make a very weak noise similar to bubbling water, regardless the source or input. Not always, but sometimes. I am wondering what can it be or what it might produce the effect. It is not a big issue for me, but I just wonder if anyone has this issue also.

Thanks, 

Tuly

28 REPLIES 28
Christoffer
Apprentice
Options

Hi guys,

I bought my tv a week ago, and now it is making that seashell noise when my sound is on low volume. It is the worst. 
Have anyone been in contact with Samsung the last couple of days to hear if there is a solution under way?

0 Likes
aaacikbas
Apprentice
Options

Hi that stopped working it keeps making those same noises... Is yours a 50" version too ?

Christoffer
Apprentice
Options

Oh, I really hoped you had found the gold solution:)

Yes I have a 50” as well.

0 Likes
jf_cole
Apprentice
Options

I have a 50" Q60T and the exact same issue. Now I hear it, I cant unhear it. Will try the fix in this thread. Not really acceptable that this is going on months for people. I see there are 2 other threads on here with the same issue. Samsung have replaced Speakers and Motherboards with no improvement, so its a software issue.  Some people have managed to get an "uplift" ticket from Samsung which allows them to return the TV. 

0 Likes
DerZeit
Apprentice
Options

I bought 50" Q60T two days ago and i have same issue. It is annoyying. Someone said  technicians solve this problem with changing volume value on their remote controller. And also 60T sound bar has same issue and it has been silver with new update firmware. Have you heard such a thing? Or will it help us?

0 Likes
BlackEye
First Poster
Options

how do you change the hz setting?

0 Likes
Lisa190677
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. It sounds like someone threw the tv in the fish tank!

Lisa

0 Likes
Christoffer
Apprentice
Options

Hey Liza and others

Just want to let you all know that I couldn’t get my tv to work. The retailer could not find any problem with it, but I was still able to return it - which I did on the spot.

I now own a Panasonic which have great sound and picture and doesn’t sound like a fish-tank. 

kind regards

Christoffer

0 Likes
Lisa190677
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your response. On reporting it, they have asked me to do a few options, like turn off the tv at the wall, play with the equalisers/sound. But we shouldn’t have to do this with a new tv. They now want to send a USB to update software, before sending out an engineer, as they think it needs to be repaired. I sent this thread, yet they never acknowledged it! 
Otherwise, I’m happy with the tv, yet the underwater sounds ‘on low volume, up to 15’ are bloody annoying!

0 Likes
Salvatierra
Journeyman
Options
Same here. They told me this afternoon that they will send me an usb to update the firmware.