Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50inch smart TV UE50RU7400

(Topic created on: 24-07-2019 03:38 PM)
Bodderboy
Student
Options

Just bought this TV and gone through the initial setup. I have a Pansonic PVR connected to HDMI 1 and a Sony DVD player connected to HDMI 2.

Everytime the PVR player is switched on and I switch the source on the TV from TV to HDMI 1, it goes into it's scan devices mode and eventually displays "no devices detected" message, and gives the option to continue scanning manually or Cancel. I select Cancel and the PVR tuner picture is displayed as I would expect. Is it possible to stop this happening every time ?. It did not happen on the previous Samsung Smart TV. The HDMI 2 DVD player is selected ok.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Bodderboy 

Let's firstly make sure your software is up to date. The TV should be on software version 1303.7. You can check this by going to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Once this has been established, disonnect all HDMI connections and try resetting the TV. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset > PIN (0000). The TV will be reset to the default settings. You can then reconnect your PVR and DVD player.

Let us know how this goes!

0 Likes
Bodderboy
Student
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @Bodderboy 

Let's firstly make sure your software is up to date. The TV should be on software version 1303.7. You can check this by going to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. Once this has been established, disonnect all HDMI connections and try resetting the TV. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset > PIN (0000). The TV will be reset to the default settings. You can then reconnect your PVR and DVD player.

Let us know how this goes!

First, thanks for the response to my problem.

The software is up to date and I then followed the rest of your reset instructions.

As my Panasonic DMR-HW120 digital video recorder is not listed, I picked the nearest one, and on the initial setup it worked, and was listed in the "Source" options and I was able to switch between devices with both the full remote and the smart remote. But after I powered the TV and Panasonic down and then restarted, the Panasonic was missing (listed as unknown on HDMI 1) and the "Scanning for devices" message was displayed again. It then takes a short time to scan for devices but is unable to identify the device. I then have the opportunity to "Enter Manually" which I did above, or "Cancel" which I am doing now and the Panasonic device is seen as "Unknown". So unfortuneately, I am back to square one.

I didn't expect it to be so difficult, maybe the Panasonic deviceat 5 years old is too old ?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes