Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Year warranty not showing on registered product page

(Topic created on: 23-05-2023 03:53 PM)
Hedgernator
First Poster
Options

I recently registered my new TV for the 5 year warranty.  I received email confirmation that this was successful but when I view the TV on my registered products page it still only shows the basic 1 year manufacturers warranty expiry date.  Should this date have updated after my 5 year warranty registration was confirmed?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Aviator2
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem my tv is showing as registered for one year but i cannot find how to get the five year, the TV is on the list as is the shop i bought it from.  If i go to the 5 year warranty page the TV is not listed. Is there somebody i can email or call i,m in Ireland.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Aviator2. Your 12-month warranty is standard, so I'd recommend looking at the webpage below for instructions about registering the extended warranty:

https://shop.samsung.com/ie/5-year-extended-warranty

The contact details for the Support Team in Ireland are listed on the aforementioned page. You can also reach out to our colleagues here:

https://www.samsung.com/ie/support/contact/

0 Likes
Aviator2
First Poster
Options

Thanks Paul the link it only seems to be for appliances other than tv,s. I know i have seen that my TV is eligible but unless im missing something just cant find where to register for TVs, most of the links just send me round in circles ending up back on that page.

0 Likes
Aviator2
First Poster
Options

Finally solved had to ring them and sort it all out over the phone but now have my full warranty for my tv. From what i gathered you cant do it through the website links they had to send me a separate link to register.

0 Likes
Neeny
Journeyman
Options
Sorry to jump in. I registered my tv via the tv and also via this app, yet I received no email and cannot find the details on the app. I purchased my tv and soundbar through Samsung directly if that makes any difference.
0 Likes
Aviator2
First Poster
Options

I had to ring Samsung support to get it in the end they sent me a link to fill in the details. I was told you cant do it direct online you have to ring them first.

0 Likes
charlievdm
First Poster
Options

i rang up Samsung after buying my tv direct with them last week.

Lady on phone implied i qualify for the extended warranty. my s90c is on the list.

i received this email after the phone call-

Dear Charlie

Claim ID: ***************

Thank you for taking part in 5 Year TV Warranty - eStore.

We will now check your claim against the Terms & Conditions of the promotion. We will email you within seven (7) working days with an update on the progress of your claim.

In case the information you have submitted should not be complete or legible, we will ask you to provide this again in order to proceed with your claim.

Please keep checking your email inbox regularly to ensure that you receive our responses and updates on your claim.

If you have any problems using the online registration site please contact our Customer Support team on 0333 000 0333 .

Kind Regards

Samsung Promotional Support

I thought that was all sorted and then to my shock i received this email this morning -

Dear Charlie

Claim ID: ************** #

We have fully assessed your claim for warranty and unfortunately, the Terms and Conditions of this  promotion have not been met and your claim has therefore been rejected because the TV was bought from a different retailer.

If you have any problems using the online registration site please contact our Customer Support team on 0333 000 0333 .

Kind Regards

Samsung Promotional Support

WTF!

So they advertise the 5 year warranty while buying the tv on their website and then say their online store doesn't qualify?

I feel like sending the tv back.

Any one else had this problem?

Regards

charlie

0 Likes
Aviator2
First Poster
Options

Somewhere i did see a list of all stores that it applies to i would have thought the Samsung site you would have automatically qualified especially if they are advertising it with the 5 year as well. Mine went through straight away and had the email to confirm it. Bought mine from DID.

0 Likes
Garry11
First Poster
Options

Apart from my TV, I had the same issue on my washer/dryer(which tore my clothes and when replaced by an AEG the issue went away along with the scrapped £750 Samsung washer dryer). The engineer could see no  farther than to blame the wash cycle and chose to ignore the burrs I pointed out on drain holes). 
The Currys's staff do not seem to be aware of the 5-year warranty issue although their ads purport they have extensive training.

£1000+ out of pocket and a battle to get a partial refund on my washer/dryer it  is bye bye to Samsung and Currys forever.
Oh, and run an IT reseller so will being selling a lot less Samsung products.

0 Likes
Garry11
First Poster
Options

It does all seem a dubious practice not to supply the same warranty conditions when being purchased from a Samsung retailer. Maybe all gang together and bring it to the training standards attention to get rid of the unfair behaviour by Samusung!

0 Likes