Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 year old HDTV burnt up and melted bezel

(Topic created on: 10-04-2022 03:10 PM)
NickDV
First Poster
Options

Purchased this HDTV from Bestbuy 5 years ago and also purchased their 5 year protection plan.  So it was very unlucky to have this occur 3 months after my protection plan expired.  Bestbuy washed their hands and just gave me Samsung tel number.  

So I called Samsung, they gave me a ticket number and sent them pictures of the burnt up and melted bezel.  But they told me that they couldn't help me and passed my ticket on to their liability department.   

Has anyone gone through this process or what to expect? No idea what that department can do for me.  

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@NickDV: I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. As you mentioned Bestbuy, am I right in assuming that you are based in the US? If so, and if your case has been passed to the Product Liaison Team, then they will be able to provide all the support you need, and arrange for the device to be inspected. We take matters of customer safety very seriously, so I'm confident that the team will be able to get this resolved for you, even if the TV is out of warranty. 

0 Likes