Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4k 8 series - 2018 smart tv and the APPLE TV APP

(Topic created on: 13-11-2020 08:24 AM)
Gregoris
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

So I have a samsung smart TV of 2018. I believe the 8 series (curved).

I downloaded the Apple TV app and a list of shows appear. But when I try and open the app it refuses to open.

I googled for ages and because I am not signed into my iTunes account I believe this is why it does not open. But when I google how to login I go into where it tells me and there is no option to login to the app? I cannot for the life of me find it.

Is it the same place where my samsung ID is? Do I need to add it there?

TIA

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Gregoris 

Have a look at this useful link from our friends 'down under', to see if this helps.

Gregoris
Pioneer
Options

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I cannot login to the app at all. It will not open. I get a list of shows that I can scroll through on the bottom of the screen. But when I click to either open a show, or open the app directly. It says loading and then nothing happens.

I tried to re install and it still does not work.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

Gregoris
Pioneer
Options

Model code: UE65NU8502 - 

Software version: T-KTM2DEUC-1300022Z

I always keep up to date with the software. I re installed from the settings in apps and nothing.

I hope it is ok to post this: I made a YT video of the problem - https://youtu.be/xzpsEt-kXdU

0 Likes