Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49QFN favourite TV channels deselected

(Topic created on: 29-06-2019 10:11 PM)
raptory2003
Apprentice
Options

Hi, there is a problem with the latest update for TV QE49Q6FNA: version 1260.

The TV favourites channel list is automatically deselected, and all list channel is automatically selected instead. This happens quite often and it is very iritating. 

Tried to make a soft reset of the TV. As well, created another favourites list however the issue is still there. 

Please fix this. This didn't happen before

18 REPLIES 18
Joelinho
Journeyman
Options
End of which month? August? There is still no update and getting old having to manually switch channel list every time I start the TV.
0 Likes
GeoBoG
First Poster
Options

My dad has the same issue on his UE49 and been on the phone to support. They said to update to version 1270 which fixes this issue.

0 Likes
Joelinho
Journeyman
Options
I got version 1260 on my frame TV, but don't get the option to update to anything else when searching for updates. Annoying!
0 Likes
GeoBoG
First Poster
Options

Yeah, the new version does not show up on the automatic update check. You have to download it from Samsung website and load it onto a USB memory stick then perform the update with the USB stick plugged into the TV. Just did the update to my dad's TV and can confirm it fixed the issue with the favourite channel list.

0 Likes
Joelinho
Journeyman
Options
Found the update. Thanks for the information.
0 Likes
raptory2003
Apprentice
Options

Thanks @GeoBoG  for the solution.

I have also seen the new software on SSG website, however I cannot make it work for QLED 2018 series (Q6FN)

I downloaded the zip file, T-KTM2AKUC.zip, extract it and copy the .msd file to a flash drive. After I try to run the software update from the flash as well, it tells that there are no new updates for you at the moment

Did anyone succeed to manually update for the Q6FN series?

Thanks

0 Likes
halipazuipa
Apprentice
Options

My Q7F finally found the update (not automatically, did have to search it through TV menu) and I didn't have to use the USB for the intallation. The update seems to do the trick and the favourite list stays selected.

For the USB update to work, it seems that you should not extract the zip file, if you trust the info on the Samsung website:

" To update using a USB flash drive, download the update package from Samsung.com to your computer. Then, save the update package in the USB device's top-level folder. Otherwise, the TV will not be able to locate the update package.".

0 Likes
raptory2003
Apprentice
Options

The same here. Finally got the update from SSG.

Favourites list seems fine now...

0 Likes
MaJo67
Journeyman
Options

Hi i have now update 1270 and its seems to work again. Lets hope it stays like that.

0 Likes