Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49Q7F SKYQ Universal Remote and Source

(Topic created on: 25-10-2017 05:10 PM)
dsmars
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I just purchased a 49Q7F TV and have a problem with the Source selection with SkyQ.

I ahve the Q box plugged into Port 1, when I turn the TV on it shows it as an unknown device with a generic picture. I then try and complete the universal remote setup but this fails, it runs through 10 codes and none will change the channel on the SkyQ Box.

Has anyone managed to get SkyQ to work with the TV Remote?

I was also wondering if anyone has managed to get the remote to control, and allow you to change volume on a Onkyo speaker? My old Sony could do this but the Samsung just shows an icon saying Audio Out if I try and change the volume.

Appreciate the help

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Randall365
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. 

I think it's a fault - if you bump the resolution on Sky Q down to 1080i then it can see the Skybox, but channel up/down, info etc still do not work.

I think the TV is too new - it just does not work properly with Sky Q as yet. It's fine with my Playstation Apple TV and Blu Ray.

0 Likes
dsmars
Apprentice
Options

Hi Randall365

I got it fixed, I had to reset the HDMI on the TV and then it worked and picked up the Q Box properly.

To do this I went to Settings then General, the bottom option is called something like Settings Reset (Sorry I am not at the TV currently to give exact steps)

I entered my pin and ran through the wizard, it told me to switch on the SkyQ box at the end and it started working.

Hope it helps

0 Likes
Randall365
First Poster
Options

I had tried to go through Settings-General-Smart Setup and redo the HDMI checks. It can see that it is Sky and the Sky icon appears at the bottom in the guide. However, it never worked to the extent that it would let me change channels etc on the Sky Q box using the Samsung remote, so the Universal Remote does not work.  

0 Likes
dsmars
Apprentice
Options

sorry to hear that, once I did that mine started working including controlling the Q box, I can fast Forward and change channels.

0 Likes
Spa858
First Poster
Options
Hi
My Universal Remote can’t find my Sky Q box.
What is the procedure for HDMI reboot? These instructions don’t work on my TV.

TA
0 Likes
Randall365
First Poster
Options

It never worked for me - I gave up in the end.

0 Likes
HornMonster
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. It was working when the sky engineer set it up so i do know it works but accedently deletedthe connection and now its knackered and wont change channels. The model number of my sky q box is ES140 it would be good to know if anyone can successfully get it to pick up again.

0 Likes
Mallen1972
First Poster
Options

Same problem too, this ones a hot topic on sky forum....

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Samsung-Q7-TV-One-Connect-Box-Not-recognising-Sky-Q-Box-but-worki...

we can only hope that someone from sky talks to someone from Samsung and for once we get two pieces of different vendor hardware talking.... wouldn’t that be great :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Randall365
First Poster
Options

Bit the bullet and called Samsung customer support today, as in addition to the Sky Q problem, i can no longer change the source/switch the tv on using my sky home button or playstation controller. Switching the power off to the one connect box and then on again fixes it temporarily.

Was on the line for 45 minutes speaking to somebody who sounded like they may have been in a call centre who took me through 101 options involving power cycling the display - but nothing to test the one connect box. He told me my one connect box was not plugged in to the wall socket but the tv...  as I was staring at the two plugs.

He then said that you can never turn the tv on or change the source unless you use the samsung remote. Well it worked find until a couple of months ago. Apparently a one connect box can never be replaced as it matches the specific display. He was odious as well - asking me about my weekend and if I was having a good time. Incredibly unhelpful and basically clueless - a very poor customer experience.

0 Likes