Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

43" AU8000 Backlight Bleeding

(Topic created on: 10-11-2021 09:03 AM)
TimEllis45
Journeyman
Options

I bought the Samsung crystal 43 inch AU8000 LED LCD Smart TV last week and, at night, I noticed it has quite severe backlight bleeding.

I contacted Samsung through live chat and they had me run Picture Test, Self Diagnosis, TV reset etc..  but the results after all the testing are the same as they were initially - see pics. 

Is this standard with this TV and I just have to put up with it... (I see this issue reported a lot)... or did I get a faulty unit?

tv3.jpgtv2.jpgtv1.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
Abhijeet T
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same 'Backlight Bleeding' issue for my brand new samsung 4K UHD UA43AU8000 series. Just 2 days earlier I bought my new Tv. Samsung online support team person asked me to run some Self diagnosis, Picture test, Video test.... But even after done with all tests issue is still persist. 

As per my understanding Backlight bleeding on screen are not good signs of healthy screen. 

This issue must fix by Samsung also, samsung must either give me replacement with New TV (SAME MODEL) against my (FAULTY) tv or give me COMPLETE REFUND.

Below I have shared my tv pictures

IMG-20211005-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20211005-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20211005-WA0003.jpg

Dimos
Student
Options

Same problem here.

55" model.

The greek management of Samsung they told me that they know that fail of the blacklight bleed and that it is acceptable by samsung .

That means that they dont replace the tv and it is ok with them.

I ll do what ever i can so i can replace my tv.

Bad thing that samsung let this happen...

Very sad about it stay  away from this model.

Hliaspro
Journeyman
Options

25 september i bought the UE55AU8072 and i had the same problem, in dark room dark mooviews has back light bleed. Immediately i contuct samsung about my backlight problem and they took my tv for checking it. After 10 days they told me that there is no problen with my tv and this backlight bleed is acceptable for these tvs.  

0 Likes
Hliaspro
Journeyman
Options

After that i sent them email and i told them that i want to replace this tv model with another with no (acceptable by samsung backlight bleed) problem. They answeares that my tv is ok and they cant replace it. Thats too bad!!!!

0 Likes
KK39
Apprentice
Options

20211110_193248.jpg

got this for my son only 3 weeks ago. He is so sad right now, I will definitely be contacting Harvey norman tomorrow 1st thing, then samsung 😢 

0 Likes
TimEllis45
Journeyman
Options

Harvey Norman will do NOTHING

Dimos
Student
Options

Sasmung dont do something too...

Hliaspro
Journeyman
Options

Maybe we must live with that BB problem. Some forums said that if you wipe the panel with a microfiber cloth gently at the BB spots this maybe reduce it. I did it to mine and i  saw some improvement. 

KK39
Apprentice
Options

I contacted them today and they are sending a technician to fix it, and if it's not fixable we are going to open up a replacement TV case they said today, so they do help. My TV is only 6 weeks old though.