Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

32” TV UE32N5300AK Wall mount issue

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 02:03 PM)
NeilS1
Apprentice
Options

Never had a seemingly small problem so difficult to solve. I have this model TV (UE32N5300AK) which has 4 holes located at the back for fitting to a VESA wall mount with 100x100mm plate. These recesses, which the screws are supposed to screw into, however, are completely smooth; no thread in them whatsoever - so it will not take any screw of any variety. I have spoken to Samsung on more than one occasion; trying to get someone to understand the problem has been an issue in itself. Finally when someone did seem to grasp the problem, they sent me spacers which do not fit the holes, nor solve the problem for the missing thread. 

I've spoken to various retailers who haven't been able to help either. The only sensible suggestions are that either 1: there is a threaded hole at the bottom of the recess, which I cannot see, that accepts a far narrower bolt than the initial hole suggests, or 2: the product has been defectively manufactured and needs to be returned. 

Worse still, there is absolutely no guidance in the user manual to set you on the right path. 

Has anyone been able to successfully mount this TV, and if so, what gauge/length bolts did you use, and what is the purpose of that threadless hole?

Many thanks...

23 REPLIES 23
Fletcher159
First Poster
Options

Hiya. I have same problem with diff model - manual says m8 x 40mm but these just slit completely into the hole - what size bolt did you end up using? I’m assuming a thinner thread but longer?  Thanx

Andy_Baker
Student
Options

After trying every metric bolt I had available I have found that the size for my TV is M3 and the length is between 26-28mm, or of course you could use longer bolts and use spacers.  Reading elsewhere, it seems that the same TV may have been manufactured with different size fixing requirements, namely M4 26mm.

It is shocking that Samsung have not mentioned the fixing requirements in the user guide.

I

Members_THKFvmf
First Poster
Options

Hello All, I have exactly the same problem and have had no success with Samsung help. I look down the 4 holes and can see 2 threads only but also a hex hole which appears to be a grub screw. However I cannot find either a metric or Imperial allen key which fits and indeed do not know if these are a grub screw. I cannot get an answer to this but there is no way 2 threads are sufficient to hold a TV on a wall. Ridiculous that Samsung cannot/have not resolved this issue. My previous Samsung 32" did not have this issue so what has changed. Samsung if you read these comments you should be ashamed to be so lacking in information and expecting people to use such an under engineered retaining setup. I am not at all pleased and will think twice before spending on Samsung TV's.

ScoobyR1
Student
Options

Having read this thread it would appear that I'm not the only one perplexed by this crazy set up. I already have a perfect substantial TV mount which was in use for the previous TV, also a Samsung. I hadn't factored in this stupid state of affairs having to hunt through my garage for suitable screws to fit, something which should have been simple just made unnecessarily complicated. 30 minutes on the phone to extremely pleasant and helpful helpdesk, but still no further forward, as the samsung spares web site doesn't have the exact thing I'm looking for, which brought me here. For the want of 4 brass inserts !!!

0 Likes
bradbox
Journeyman
Options

What did you end up doing? 

0 Likes
ScoobyR1
Student
Options

There are 4 M8 holes deep down inside the bottom of the recessed holes, I ended up using 4 M8 screws with hex heads, not really ideal but as they can't be seen its not a worry. The stated sizes for the bolt length of 20-38 mm was WAY too short not even able to reach the threads inside the recess, the bolts I ended up using were more like 50mm long - Not exact measurement as I'm going by memory, but it worked out fineand it's on the wall now.

Andy_Baker
Student
Options

I found that the size for my TV is M3 and the length is between 26-28mm, or of course you could use longer bolts and use spacers.  Reading elsewhere, it seems that the same TV may have been manufactured with different size fixing requirements, namely M4 26mm.

bradbox
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. I just tried some M4 bolts (ironically left over from the wall mount that I'm trying to use) but they definitely don't work. I've ordered M3 bolts from Amazon due for delivery tomorrow. Screwfix only sell M3 20mm which I don't think would have been long enough. So frustrating!

0 Likes
Tanisha7
First Poster
Options
I'm having same problem finding right screws to fit my tv anyone else found place that it will get screws
0 Likes
Jane
First Poster
Options

Hi just came across this thread when trying to put up grandkids tv; did you get your M3 bolts and what size did you get?  They seem to only have 20 or 50 on Amazon.

Thanks 

0 Likes