Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

32” TV UE32N5300AK Wall mount issue

(Topic created on: 26-03-2020 02:08 PM)
NeilS1
Apprentice
Options

Never had a seemingly small problem so difficult to solve. I have this model TV (UE32N5300AK) which has 4 holes located at the back for fitting to a VESA wall mount with 100x100mm plate. These recesses, which the screws are supposed to screw into, however, are completely smooth; no thread in them whatsoever - so it will not take any screw of any variety. I have spoken to Samsung on more than one occasion; trying to get someone to understand the problem has been an issue in itself. Finally when someone did seem to grasp the problem, they sent me spacers which do not fit the holes, nor solve the problem for the missing thread. 

I've spoken to various retailers who haven't been able to help either. The only sensible suggestions are that either 1: there is a threaded hole at the bottom of the recess, which I cannot see, that accepts a far narrower bolt than the initial hole suggests, or 2: the product has been defectively manufactured and needs to be returned. 

Worse still, there is absolutely no guidance in the user manual to set you on the right path. 

Has anyone been able to successfully mount this TV, and if so, what gauge/length bolts did you use, and what is the purpose of that threadless hole?

Many thanks...

23 REPLIES 23
Martin944
Apprentice
Options

I have just today taken delivery of this tv and cannot find a suitable wall mount.  I had hoped to use the same wall mount but 'no chance'!  My previous 32" Samsung had a 200 x 200 vesa mount with large bolts - this one is 100 x 100 (which I knew) but requires much smaller bolts - and they are not provided.  The screw thread is there at the bottom of the recess, but it seems that you must have precisely the right length of bolt.  Any advice on sourcing a suitable wall mount wpould be much appreciated.

NeilS1
Apprentice
Options

Martin, 

I managed to resolve all issues, eventually...

For the wall mount, I went with a DQ Hercules Fixed 400 mount from TV Wall Mount (.co.uk). It's not cheap, but I wanted a sturdy arm that swivelled out. It's available at a discount right now. 

For the bolts, I picked up some M3 bolts at Screwfix. I can get the exact length of you require.

By rights there ought to be a spacer between the volt and the mount, as the back is slightly curved where the bottom bolts will sit. I didn't used any however, and the TV is firmly and safely attached to the mount. It is perhaps an 'adequate' solution rather than a perfect one, but I'm happy with it. 

That Samsung provide no guidance on bolt size, or include the spacers, is shockingly poor. I contacted Samsung support on 3 separate occasions in all. Not one rep could tell me anything about the bolt size required, no-one understood the issue really, and the one rep who did send me out spacers... well... they were entirely the wrong size. You'd be better off crafting your own out of some styrene or something.

Martin944
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. The User Manual does give the bolt size and I have now got some. Hope to fit my original wall mount tonight with some washers as spacers. Keeping fingers crossed. Not impressed with Samsung though!
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Let us know how it goes @Martin944!

I'm guessing this is what you found:

N5300 Wall Mount 1.JPGN5300 Wall Mount 2.JPG

Martin944
Apprentice
Options

Yes, but I remain amazed that the VESA arrangement is so much less substantial than on my earlier 32" Samsung (a UE 32D5520, now, sadly deceased - but that is onother story, still waiting a reply from Samsung help department!).  The latter had a VESA 200 system and each bolt must have been at least 4 times the diameter and a much greater depth of thread in the TV casing; this one is very flimsy by comparison.  On a separate point, the new TV is probably twice the depth of my old, so hardly 'slimline' and not ideal for a wall mounted TV.  I own several Samsung TVs and on first look this is the most disappointing, and may be my last.

naversten
First Poster
Options

This is so bad. I have a UE32T5305AK 32 inch TV with the same instruction as depicted above, where it says M4 bolts of 26-28mm lenght, which is an obvious lie. PLEASE Samsung - what lenght should these bolts be to fit a VESA plate?

BruceHuxtable
Student
Options

Martin, 

how did you over come the fact the vesa holes in the back of the tv had no threads? You haven’t mentioned it again, only the fact you bought a whole new bracket and screws. I have bought a new tv and the holes have no threads, I too was hoping to use the same wall mount. 

NeilS1
Apprentice
Options

Hi Bruce,

I replied to Martin earlier in this thread.

I can tell you from experience - although those holes have no thread, if you shine a powerful torch into them you will see a further hole at the bottom of that ‘well’ that is threaded, allowing for a much narrower gauge bolt.

If you read up the read, you’ll see I did eventually go with 30mm M3 bolts which I got from Screwfix which were adequate.

Since I posted originally, the TV has remained attached to the VESA plate fine, even though it’s not what I’d consider a perfect arrangement.

As Martin points out in one of his replies, the earlier Samsung TVs required a wider gauge bolt with a deeper thread; the current setup doesn’t inspire confidence, but I haven’t had a problem with it so far.

BruceHuxtable
Student
Options

Thank you Neil, sorted, yep have now discovered the thread about two to three turns worth, manual advised to use 40mm M8 bolts and yes, all good and up on the wall. 

cheers all