Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.1 Flash drive disconnecting

(Topic created on: 24-12-2020 03:26 AM)
helsi85
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I've bought a PNY 3.1 flash drive for recording.  It connects fine, but after a few minutes it disconnects.  I don't have this problem with a 2.0 flash drive.  is it a software issue?  The USB has a push/pull mechanism which makes it a bit awkward to insert as it pops back in, but it is flashing and starts recording ok, it just always disconnects after a few minutes.  The longest it's stayed in is 13 minutes.  Any ideas what i should do?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
lovepreet
Explorer
Options
It looks like your flash drive does not fit perfectly to your device. You should exchange it with another one or try using some other Otg adapters
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What file system is on the drive? NTFS seems to be appropriate for most Samsung TVs.
0 Likes
aminocel
Explorer
Options

Same Problem here. Bought a Samsung Flash Drive Fit , advertised as the fastest on the market.. and yes it could be. But it disconnects and reconnects every 5 or 10 min. and NO it is not the USB port on my computer, as I have more devices like other thumbdrives, external hasrd disk drives, lamp, etc. It only happens with this device, so it is indeed the fastest but it cannot stay connected for more than 15 min

0 Likes
NickAutomation
First Poster
Options

Had this exact problem with a MUF-128AB/APC Samsung 128G Fit Plus USB stick. Kept disconnecting - useless. Setting the power saving setting of the USB hub not to have the OS save power by turning off the USB worked to fix the problem...

0 Likes