Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Samsung TV Die on Me Just After Warranty

(Topic created on: 25-04-2021 04:11 AM)
HopWorks
First Poster
Options

I have a UN55J6200A 55" Samsung TV. Recently, a dark cloud of change appeared on the screen, meaning that it is darker there, and there are no sharp edges to the area affected. It's like something is smeared on the screen, except we keep it crystal clean.

It LOOKS like the LED back lights for that region are failing. The TV is only 4 years old but we were smart enough to buy an extended warranty of 5 years. I always tell my friends when it looks like a major manufacturer is starting to profit-take. Get the extended warranty!!!

Well, this time it proved smart. BUT ... why? We were going to buy some Samsung appliances but are not going to now. We are concerned they will fail in just a few years. And we should be.

We baby our TV. There is absolutely NO REASON this anomaly should have occurred. Now it is up to Best Buy and the Geek Squad to make it right.

To be honest, I think it is bad capacitors from inventory. Certainly a hit on Samsung's quality control. In the future, it's no more Samsung for me. Not even my phone. Not my PC monitors, SSD drives, or even memory. It will be LG or a higher name-brand. It's definitely clear to me that Samsung has turned away from quality and is profit taking on their ONCE good name. It's very sad. My wife and I use to be PROUD to own a Samsung ANYTHING. 

20210424_110350.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
DNS9
Navigator
Options
Sad to here that. Sometimes things malfunction, causing the need for a warranty. But if you feel like that, then you do you
0 Likes
johneasty
First Poster
Options
Our Samsung 3D TV also developed shadow in top left corner but didn't get extended warranty.
Our Hitachi TV before that still works perfectly, we only replaced it to get bigger screen and 3D.
0 Likes