Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£2k TV failed after 23 months - no support from Samsung

(Topic created on: 20-03-2023 06:12 PM)
ascaley
First Poster
Options

Folks,

A heads up - my Samsung Frame 65" has failed after 23 months. Samsung have been no help whatsoever, only repeatedly stating it's out of warranty and telling me how much they value my custom :-).  I've tried phone & twitter, exact same response from both - tough luck.

You can see the issue below, dark bands on either side (or a light band in the middle). It's a clear manufacturing defect, a local supplier has quoted over £500 for a repair. So, it's cost me the princely sum of nearly £100 a month to own this TV.

tv.jpg

As the owner of 3 Samsung screens, and generally a regular (far too regular!) upgrader, I won't be purchasing a Samsung screen ever again. What a shame, as the functionality of their products is generally excellent.

4 REPLIES 4
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Sorry to hear that, try checking on the Internet for a few other repair shops, you never know you could find a cheaper quote than £500.
It's worth a try.
Gitbitdig
Journeyman
Options
Same issue with my 55 Frame. Failed after 2 years. I have asked them to replace through consumer rights fair usage guidelines but get passed around from manufacturer to shop and back again. Shocking service. Will probably go down small claims court route.
sfmframe
Apprentice
Options
If you bought this in the UK, note:
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract you have with the RETAILER that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
As that is in breach of contract and you've owned the product between 6 months and 6 years, you are within your statutory rights to ask for it to be replaced or repaired
sfmframe
Apprentice
Options
fumes still rising (from me) every time I watch my telly. Heads up, this never happened with mine until I started to leave it on standby when not in use, then this started after a few months. Since I returned to powering it off at the supply between uses it has stopped getting worse.
0 Likes