Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Smart Tv screensaver

(Topic created on: 11-10-2022 10:20 AM)
Wardy73
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've had a S95B QD OLED for a week, all good except when watching a film from a mass storage device, ie buffalo NAS over LAN the screensaver kicks in every few minutes. There are no settings I can find to disable the screensaver, is this a firmware issue where the TV is not recognising a video is being played using this input method?

15 REPLIES 15
TDMPro2K
Journeyman
Options

Hi AntS
Understood, Samsung dont seem to want to acknowledge issues and they have said to me they had had no other reports.. even though it on multiple websites which i sent the links to show them...

I will Dm people so they can raise the awareness

0 Likes
TDMPro2K
Journeyman
Options

I have no option for Direct messages. I urge you all to email support and think then to this page. 
AntS, it would be helpful if you could also raise this internally so it doesnt keep being ignored.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @TDMPro2K ,

I've checked your Community settings, and the option for PM/DM is enabled, so not sure what's happening there. 😕 Guidance for how to PM/DM is here if you need it though: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

And sure! I can raise the screensaver issue with my TV/AV colleagues. To help with that can you (and others experiencing this one) post your full model code and full software version?  Both will be in Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
TDMPro2K
Journeyman
Options

Good news people. They have released a new firmware which seems to have fixed this. you need to be on 1420.9 which currently is over available from the website and has to be a USB update.
Online check does find it currently.

0 Likes
Paul dabs
First Poster
Options

What the heck!  Screensaver comes on constantly when watching live tv on the antenna. This is crazy.  Cannot watch Fox football. Unbearable!  What is the fix?

0 Likes
grfxguy
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the variety of comments and creative solutions suggested on this forum.

I have a 2 month old QN77S90CDFXZA which started doing the same screensaver thing . Didn't matter whether I was watching Live TV (OTA), Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Firestick 4K Max. TV would be fine for days, then suddenly, completely randomly turn on screensaver. I could restore source by clicking the main remote, but screensaver would pop back on 2 minutes later, ad infinitum. The only way I could interrupt that cycle was to shut the TV off for a couple minutes. I finally got on a chat with Samsung support and the first time they asked if the Screensaver was turned off. (Hint: there IS NO Screensaver setting on this model per the manual.) The second chat they suggested resetting the power by unplugging the TV from power for at least a minute, then plug back in. That seems to have fixed the issue yesterday, but I'm not going to say it's permanent until at least a week with no further random screensavers interrupting my viewing. The jury is out until a verdict has been reached.

0 Likes