Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Smart Tv screensaver

(Topic created on: 12-12-2022 12:15 PM)
Wardy73
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I've had a S95B QD OLED for a week, all good except when watching a film from a mass storage device, ie buffalo NAS over LAN the screensaver kicks in every few minutes. There are no settings I can find to disable the screensaver, is this a firmware issue where the TV is not recognising a video is being played using this input method?

15 REPLIES 15
Chaos Knigth
First Poster
Options

You can not disable screensaver according to the manual. I am seeking a solution to apply screensaver on hdmi ports. I use fire tv stick and i want screensaver to kick in when i pause streaming. Is there any way to do this? Thank you. 

Trevor McCarthy
First Poster
Options

I had EXACTLY the same problem, the only way to stop the screen saver form coming on was to go into the Settings, and Select "Reset" to the TV, when it rebooted stay away from the SetUp using Smart Phone, USE THE SAMSUNG REMOTE to setup TV and everything went fine, no more screen saver whils watching movies via NAS.

Jlabouch
First Poster
Options

We had the same problem, but looks like it is fixed if you have Smart Hub running in the background, rather than initiating the stream with Live TV in the background. Hope that makes sense!

Wardy73
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, I will give that a try 👍🏻

0 Likes
Wardy73
Apprentice
Options

Cheers for that info I will try that solution 👍🏻

0 Likes
TDMPro2K
Journeyman
Options

Hi all. I have had this tv for 3 weeks and I have had this issue too. I have rised this with samsung and I would like to share my partial solution. 
here’s my email I have sent to samsung

Good afternoon

So further update for you.  I have manage to find a way to stop the screen saver during the play back. 

So this happens when the movie is fast-forwarded by xx seconds or more. 2 min after playing it starts the screen saver. 
To stop this pause the movie, then play. This must then set a system flag in the software as the screen saver doesn’t come on again until a fast forward or rewind command is done. 

Pure software bug in the system software.
Shady 77
First Poster
Options

TDMPro2K,  you are a scholar and a gentleman! This was driving me crazy and your workaround works perfectly for me. On my S95B the screensaver was coming on when watching content from a DLNA server (Serviio) no matter what I did to launch it. But simply pausing the stream and then playing it again keeps the screen saver from coming on.

Hopefully Samsung fixes this screen saver bug soon. Great TV but couldn't recommend it to anybody with such an annoying software bug.

0 Likes
TDMPro2K
Journeyman
Options

I would ask you all who experience this to email Samsung. Ref my ticket ***** in the subject. 
I am still fighting to get this listed as an issue. I have ended up emailing *******

so please, let’s all club together and get them to register this as a issue. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

Just a post to say that things like personal reference numbers and email addresses aren't best shared on a public forum, and that they're best sharing (cautiously) by Private/Direct Message.

Cheers.

0 Likes