Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[2022] QN95B : Vibrating Back Cover

(Topic created on: 16-05-2022 02:45 PM)
Chumley-Biscuit
Student
Options

Since taking ownership less than 4 days ago, the back cover of my QE55QN95B has been a constant source of vibration, enough to wreck our entire viewing experience!
It's not a Sound processing fault or an issue with the speakers; this is a physical construction issue with regards to the type of back that Samsung have fitted to the TV. Instead of being a sturdy, solid backpiece it's a thin sheet of plastic which is only secured around the frame edges. The cover sort of flexes when pressed with a finger, like when you press on a jam-jar lid that has been opened, so when the deep Bass builds or kicks-in during a movie/TV, the whole of the back cover oscillates against the chassis like a Bumble Bee in a Steel Bucket!
As it stands, the TV is unwatchable with any level of Bass and I've had to turn them to minimum via the expert/EQ settings because the noise of the rattling was scaring the dogs! When viewing a very Bass oriented Dolby Atmos Test Video on Youtube - the back cover buzzed so much I thought it would fall off!
Maybe if Samsung had secured it with multiple plastic poppers across the whole surface (similar to those that hold vehicle trim in place) it might be prone to vibrate less?
This was touted as a 2022 'Flagship' TV but, the lack of QC in this case is evident enough to warrant its return - so, the TV is being collected this week. Most disappointed ... 😢

47 REPLIES 47
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Samsung repair agent technicians replaced boards in our TV today (to address power not always coming on from remote).  This reset everything (new board with new memory).  I mentioned how the TV had to be reset/adjusted previously to stop the rattling/vibrating speaker, and how I didn't want the problem to be back with the new TV parts fitted.

I was fobbed off a bit.  Told the settings are in a service menu somewhere (didn't elaborate or say which) but also this would be regarded as a separate fault....  I will have to report again if arises.  I didn't think much to this as if fixing the TV should put back to how it was, not reintroduce faults!

Also went on about how the sound was never going to be much good from a flat panel TV, compared to old ones with a big case.  I know all that and we have a 2.1 sound bar for that reason - but since this TV offers Dolby Atmos I still want to be able to use that.

However, the technician said something about reseating the speaker(s) whilst they had the cover off as one or more of them seemed loose.  That may be it?

The TV sound setting are all now back to basic/initial setup, and now using the 'amplify' again (which I had to disable before to stop vibration).  I will see if we get vibration now.  If we do I will have to raise as a new fault to get technician out, or remote instructions to resolve.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Update - since the technicians 're-seated' the speakers in our TV the sound has been much better - I'm not sure of the status of any service setting since the boards were changed for another fault (the reason the TV was opened up) but we can now use the 'amplify' setting to boost the sound without any noticeable vibration, and relatively deep atmospheric music during police procedure dramas has sounded okay - previously they would have caused noticeable vibration/rattling.

I will keep monitoring it with different content and post here with any findings.

It could be that is your TV is suffering with this it needs attention to the hardware rather then the sound adjustment workarounds (service menu or otherwise).  If so contact Samsung especially is still under warranty ?

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

Update - speakers have been much better with no noticeable vibration since they were re-seated during service by Samsung's agent - and we can use all the audio features including amplify etc. without any workaround turning sown bass or whatever.

Sound is now acceptable for normal viewing, documentaries, news, dramas etc. and I like the Dolby Atmos feature for sports etc.  I sometimes use a soundbar for movies or music videos.

0 Likes
Gerg393
Student
Options

Exactly the same problem, I had athe TV 2days ago. I was on the phone 1,5 hours to try to prove I am right. They will take it away tomorrow.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

They take it to repair or give you a refund or replacement?

0 Likes
Gerg393
Student
Options

Waiting for the new one. I think all the TVs are faulty, so if the next one does the same I'll send it back again and again and again till they not solve the problem properly. Many people wrote the same about this series. Qn95b 55"

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

I know the issue - see my previous posts in this thread.  See the update where I reported mine was fixed (certainly improved) by the repair technician reseating the speakers when replacing boards to fix a separate issue.  I can understand you wanting replacement rather than repair but it’s an option for you.  No sign of our TV being opened.

0 Likes
Gerg393
Student
Options

I don't want repair on a 3 days old £1200 TV. In the restaurant if the food is not good people send it back and get a new dish maybe a bottle of prosecco or wine. If you pay a lot for something you expect no fault or issues. If I experience the same on the new one I'll send it back again and again and again till they get sorted properly.

0 Likes
Othman007
Apprentice
Options

my friend just ask Samsung for free or heavy discounted soundbar I recommend Q800B soundbar 

even if the TV speakers are working totally fine they sounds flat with no bass, take advantage of the situation and get a soundbar

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

I get that.  In our case it was already the third TV (different faults) in 3 years. Each time effort/hassle unboxing and setting up. Where will you draw the line with a stock fault if they are all like it?  Will you consider a skilled repair after say 5 TVs ?  I hope you get it sorted whatever.

0 Likes