Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[2022] QN95B : Vibrating Back Cover

(Topic created on: 16-05-2022 02:45 PM)
Chumley-Biscuit
Student
Options

Since taking ownership less than 4 days ago, the back cover of my QE55QN95B has been a constant source of vibration, enough to wreck our entire viewing experience!
It's not a Sound processing fault or an issue with the speakers; this is a physical construction issue with regards to the type of back that Samsung have fitted to the TV. Instead of being a sturdy, solid backpiece it's a thin sheet of plastic which is only secured around the frame edges. The cover sort of flexes when pressed with a finger, like when you press on a jam-jar lid that has been opened, so when the deep Bass builds or kicks-in during a movie/TV, the whole of the back cover oscillates against the chassis like a Bumble Bee in a Steel Bucket!
As it stands, the TV is unwatchable with any level of Bass and I've had to turn them to minimum via the expert/EQ settings because the noise of the rattling was scaring the dogs! When viewing a very Bass oriented Dolby Atmos Test Video on Youtube - the back cover buzzed so much I thought it would fall off!
Maybe if Samsung had secured it with multiple plastic poppers across the whole surface (similar to those that hold vehicle trim in place) it might be prone to vibrate less?
This was touted as a 2022 'Flagship' TV but, the lack of QC in this case is evident enough to warrant its return - so, the TV is being collected this week. Most disappointed ... 😢

47 REPLIES 47
g0akc
Navigator
Options

In my case yes, we did.  With TV on a table as shown in the instructions.  Took great care and checked torque on the screws etc. Not an issue with what we have done whatsoever.  Design fault on TV.

Mcoe
Student
Options

I am having the same problem. My last two calls (both escalations) were laughable. My video of the issue which they asked me to send in has been invalidated because they say I am watching the wrong type of programme. Apparently the noise will not be present if I watch different programs. Also because I passed the sound check, which is a short light musical clip with no bass, they see no issue with my tv. I have demanded a fix, a replacement or my money back. Currently awaiting my next escalation. Their service / tech calls have been a joke to date, they are simply not prepared to accept my complaint which is poor service. 

g0akc
Navigator
Options

I’ve not tried any of the hardware tricks I mentioned earlier as yet.

As for  “So you think equalizing audio at 100hz is the best way to solve this? What makes someone think such things?

Destroying the sound via firmware rather than have Samsung create a hardware fix for their despicable build quality, what an inane suggestion.”

I agree one shouldn’t have to do this, but it’s what I’ve done with our TV in the interim - reduced the bass by about 3dB in the equaliser.  If we watch something where we want strong bass I use our 2:1 soundbar with TV speakers turned down.

0 Likes
Mcoe
Student
Options

Eventually someone at Samsung agreed to send over an engineer. They came and knew instantly the fault. Put a USB key in the tv box and reprogrammed the sound setting which came out of the factory pre installed too high for the tv size / speakers. They had in-front of them an A4 page that listed the Samsung models and sizes and what setting they needed to be to remove the vibration. All has been fixed and I’m happy with the outcome. The engineers took 10mins and have been doing this regularly for Samsung tv’s

FeaturingDB
Apprentice
Options

I am having this issue as well with the new QN75QN95BAFXZA.   Lower the frequency makes the noise go away but the sound isn’t that great afterwards. 

Othman007
Apprentice
Options

Can you share those settings? I have the same issue 😕 

0 Likes
FeaturingDB
Apprentice
Options

Othman007 - You have to go through support with Remote Assistance and they can unlock it via developer mode. Honestly, I’m not happy with it though. The sound isn’t as good anymore. The issue is mostly fixed, but still occurs from time to time. I’m probably going to just return this tv since I just purchased it. 
Samsung support said that they will send someone out to repair it. I asked for a hefty discount on a sound system and I would just resolve it that way but it wasn’t an option through support.  If you bundled purchase through Samsung.com then you could get the 990B sound system for $1k. But again this is just an inconvenience and I’m just annoyed with the whole situation. 

Metr0
Student
Options
I too had major issues with a QN95B buzzing.  I hope my example may be a precedent others can use. 

Purchased my QN95B 55" in late August in NZ.  Noticed the buzzing when deep base was played (in NZ a Westpac banking advert was the repeat offender).
Lodged a complaint with Samsung, I had already done some research and seen threads like this one and knew that fundamentally there was a design fault.    Samsung sent out an independent service agent (who has been very good).  They replaced the speakers, unsurprisingly it made no difference.  They then adjusted the EQ setting and reduced the base setting and ruined the sound - I noted that this as not a fix as it introduced another issue.  Samsung offered me my money back as replacing the TV would not fix the issue (an admission of a systemic fault / design fault).  I complained vigorously, the service agent supported me and suggested that instead of refunding the TV they could supply a sound bar.  Samsung offered a free sound bar (Q700B) as they could not resolve the buzzing in the TV.  They also offered to let me upgrade to a better soundbar if I paid the added cost - I have chosen a Q930B.  In visiting shops to choose a soundbar we got to discussing the issues with one of the salespeople (at NZ's largest retailer where I purchased the TV).  The retailer had previously advised that I was not alone with my issues and other customers had complained.  The salesperson noted they had experimented with the Samsung TV's, all TV's with the Infinity display (eg QN95B and 8K's) buzzed, lots of people were complaining and they would not sell the Samsung TV's unless they also sold a soundbar with the TV.  I have forwarded the Samsung offer of a free soundbar to the retailer.

I purchased the upgraded soundbar in late November, they sent me the wrong one and only repeated hounding meant I received the correct one just prior to Christmas.  Not once did Samsung say 'Sorry', for the inconvenience.  Throughout the whole experience I was made to feel like I was an inconvenience and that I was being offered special treatment.

Overall my experience with Samsung has been woeful.  If I rolled the clock back, I would have paid significantly more and purchased an LG or Sony.
0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

I had a Samsung repair agent here today (for another issue) and he changed a sound setting in the engineering/service menus.  He seemed to know all about it and said it was something set incorrectly in the factory.  He did a before and after demo (off a YouTube test video) and it seemed better - I just hope the sound is acceptable.  

My workaround until this was to turn the bass down in the equaliser settings.

g0akc
Navigator
Options

Update to my previous post - the 'update' or change by the service technician (no USB stick, but he used a 'service remote' I believe) has improved matters but not cured it altogether - and as advised by others the TV sounds 'flat' with that setting.  My workaround now is to live with the TV sound, keeping it low volume (to reduce the chance of the vibration in everyday viewing) and use our 2:1 soundbar when better audio/deeper bass is required.

There are various other quirks with audio on these models - for example  it's frustrating to have to  change various setting to be able to adjust the delay timer for the soundbar which is connected with optical - usually it shows 'not available' unless I go back through the options, switch to external speakers only, make the change and then go back to TV speaker (with external speaker). The delay required seems to vary with content too - we are always having to work to avoid an echo effect.  I don't recall this issue with previous Samsung models.