Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[2022] QN95B : Vibrating Back Cover

(Topic created on: 16-05-2022 09:45 PM)
Chumley-Biscuit
Student
Options

Since taking ownership less than 4 days ago, the back cover of my QE55QN95B has been a constant source of vibration, enough to wreck our entire viewing experience!
It's not a Sound processing fault or an issue with the speakers; this is a physical construction issue with regards to the type of back that Samsung have fitted to the TV. Instead of being a sturdy, solid backpiece it's a thin sheet of plastic which is only secured around the frame edges. The cover sort of flexes when pressed with a finger, like when you press on a jam-jar lid that has been opened, so when the deep Bass builds or kicks-in during a movie/TV, the whole of the back cover oscillates against the chassis like a Bumble Bee in a Steel Bucket!
As it stands, the TV is unwatchable with any level of Bass and I've had to turn them to minimum via the expert/EQ settings because the noise of the rattling was scaring the dogs! When viewing a very Bass oriented Dolby Atmos Test Video on Youtube - the back cover buzzed so much I thought it would fall off!
Maybe if Samsung had secured it with multiple plastic poppers across the whole surface (similar to those that hold vehicle trim in place) it might be prone to vibrate less?
This was touted as a 2022 'Flagship' TV but, the lack of QC in this case is evident enough to warrant its return - so, the TV is being collected this week. Most disappointed ... 😢

47 REPLIES 47
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
I have no issue with mine did you have two people when assembling the base
G G
0 Likes
Chumley-Biscuit
Student
Options

Yeah, it’s a bit heavy to lay down properly with only one person. As for the vibrating cover, it was also noted by a YouTube TV reviewer, so maybe there are some out there that have got the problem and some that don’t. Trying to watch Bosch or Vikings was an absolute nightmare!

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Time to get in touch with who you purchased it off.
G G
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
We gotta new tumble dryer with a similar issue, the metal on the sides is so thin that despite the pressing shapes to strengthen it, it still flexes and vibrates far too readily. Sounds like a diesel generator running when it's on because half our house has suspended concrete beam floors on foundation pillars and the utility room is in that bit
0 Likes
Othman007
Apprentice
Options

Also mine QN95B sound amazing just at heavy bass the tv vibrate and ruins the

experience, I think I will get a refund or Samsung gives us Q800B soundbar at least 

0 Likes
Othman007
Apprentice
Options

I think it's only vibrate at 100hz frequency only, I hope firmware can solve this issue 

Mr Bond
First Poster
Options

So you think equalizing audio at 100hz is the best way to solve this? What makes someone think such things?

Destroying the sound via firmware rather than have Samsung create a hardware fix for their despicable build quality, what an inane suggestion.

As for this insane issue, gobsmacked how absolute dredfull of Samsung who keep kicking out garbage.

The whole QN95A model range debacle with its utterly broken HDMI 2.1 boards, miss-advertised HDMI spec support that could not even pass through LPCM or DTS, and the video dropouts / slow HDMI switching issues, Samsung are so finished. What a load of ***** that range was.  So here we are again, Samsung on a downward spiral does not surprise anyone, but now the physical integrity of the TV itself is failing.

enough is enough! Someone should bring consequences that have the potential to end Samsung once and for all - that would certainly send a message to the others .

timeeh
First Poster
Options

Same issue here.  Samsung support originally started that's just how they are manufactured 😳. To which I replied by stating they need to pickup and refund then, then I was informed lvl 2 tech support would be in contact.   They did remote in and remove most for the vibration (assuming by eliminating the lower sound frequencies, which I would not say is a fix), however the issue is still there just not so frequent.  I also had a friend of mine purchase the 65" model last week and exactly the same issue, so it seems it's common place on all qn95b models.  No surprise that Samsung are now offering $500 off if you purchase a sound bar with the units , almost like they know the issue exits 🙄 but refuse to acknowledge it.  So now I'm 3.5 weeks in and still have a broken tv, also been lied to twice in regards to getting an agent onsite to inspect and are still waiting for Samsung to decide what they are going to do, I originally was asking for a replacement however after being stuffed around for nearly a month, and purchasing a $3k TV with a major fault lodged a day after delivery, I am now requesting a refund and will purchase a different brand.  Very disappointed by Samsung support on this matter.

0 Likes
g0akc
Navigator
Options

I'm seeing exactly the same thing with a new 55 inch QN95B that we just acquired (which itself is a replacement for two other Samsung TVs of different models which both had other faults - supplied by Samsung UK head office that I've been dealing with).

The issue occurs when programme sound content hits a certain tonal range - and it then resonates - the rear cover is like a drum skin!

Has anyone had any joy fixing this (apart from the adjustments already described)?

I've started thinking about sticking something like a sound deadening pad to it - like I've done with car doors and washing machine panels in the past to make them quieter or stop vibration.  Of course, one shouldn't have to do such to a £2000 TV!

We have a non-Samsung 2.1 soundbar, but would prefer not to use it, and also want to use the Dolby Atmos.

Had I been and purchased this from a store I would be complaining to them.  However, it's complicated since, as mentioned earlier, it's a replacement from Samsung.  We've already gone through months of hassle.

Another thought is to try and fix a bar or something to the VESA wall mounting holes to stop the rear panel rattling?

Any other ideas?

0 Likes