Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 NeoQLED now taking ages to start up.

(Topic created on: 18-10-2022 02:13 PM)
scurrell
Apprentice
Options

I've had the QE50QN90B TV since May, and it's been fine up until recently.

However, for the last week or so it's now taking ages to start up, first displaying the NeoQLED logo and then the "bouncing" home logo for up to a minute before slowly loading the home screen and apps.

To say this is annoying would be an understatement.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AntS
Options

Hi @scurrell,

Might sound daft, but any joy with unplugging the TV for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in?

If no joy with that, look in Menu > Settings > Support > Device Care; and see if managing the storage space or self diagnosis options help or reveal something.

If you're still having no joy after those, let us know the current full software version on the TV (Menu > Settings >  Support >  About This TV) and what devices you have connected to it.

0 Likes
scurrell
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions, but no change.

Currently showing firmware 1304

Connected are a Sky Q box and a 4K Blu Ray player.

RogerDS
Journeyman
Options

I can't help you with this by my (identical) TV has started doing exactly the same thing. And it is terribly frustration. It's effectively rebooting in an entirely random way (about once every 3 times you switch on the TV) instead of loading straight into the home screen as it should do in a standby mode.

Searched every possible menu and settings and tried what's already been suggested without benefit. Trying to get in touch with Samsung at the moment.

scurrell
Apprentice
Options

Glad it's not just me. Something definitely isn't right but I am currently in hospital and have been unable to follow up. Hopefully you'll be able to get somewhere with Samsung.

0 Likes
lucaggg
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I have the same problem! I have a QE50QN90B 2022 Neo QLED HDR 1500 4K Ultra HD Smart TV , for me the slowness started 1 week after I bought the TV ( End of November 2022 ) which is quite annoying.

- Moving between apps is always very slow, almost 1 second lag
- Randomly many apps do not starts: BBC, Netflix and there is no way to make them work until I do a soft reset with the controller or the plug.
- This happens daily 3-4 times a day.

my old TV was way faster then this.

0 Likes
RogerDS
Journeyman
Options

Same TV as mine and same problem after about 6 months. I contacted the technical help at Samsung UK and to be fair, they responded promptly and the Tech guy spent an hour on the phone, got remote control of the TV and effectively just did a Factory Reset. It's been ok for the past two months. Another problem was when I was streaming programs on a couple of occasions, the audio would gradually fall out of synch. This has also not happened since the factory reset.

You could just try a Factory reset. You can find this through the Settings and navigate the menus - the details are in the TV operating manual (downloadable from Samsung). But of course you'll have to set up all your apps again from scratch - I managed that without too much difficulty.

0 Likes
RogerDS
Journeyman
Options

Replied to this topic above. I did get somewhere with Samsung - they spent an hour on the phone, got remote control of the TV and did a Factory reset. Seems to have fixed the problem.....for now...

0 Likes
RogerDS
Journeyman
Options

I've replied to a couple of other similar comments. The Samsung tech guy got remote control of my TV and did a Factory reset and - for the moment - it seems to be running ok (over the past 2 months). If you negotiate the menus through the Settings options, there's a Factory Reset option. You can try that if you like...but you'll have to set up all your apps again from scratch.

0 Likes
RogerDS
Journeyman
Options

Another thing. I've had a problem connecting to i-player and have had to switch off and on again. But, I think one of the issues is - unlike my previous TV - it seems to take a while to boot everything up, including connecting to the internet. I think maybe if you're patient and wait another 30 seconds after switching on, it seems to load i-player and Netflix OK.

0 Likes