Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

2021 TVs delayed? Suez issue?

(Topic created on: 09-04-2021 02:03 PM)
SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

Have the new 2021 TVs been delayed? I ordered a QN95A that was meant to arrive yesterday then was told today then ringing today was told maybe tomorrow.

Seems like I can't find out exactly when I will get it or what is going on. Is the issue at Suez canal the cause for the TV not arriving?

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G Phantom Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41
rh10ben
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Nice one! I recall Panther being the delivery partner. Did you pre order in March ?

0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

I pre-ordered the second they opened. Samsung have been useless. Bought another yesterday  from Hughes, arrived today

0 Likes
the_rangdo
Apprentice
Options

It's actually from Selfridges, but they've passed it off to Samsung as they never really had stock.  As far as Selfridges is concerned it was dispatched on 15th March

0 Likes
SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options
Yup after calling Hughes to confirm and very helpful and friendly person to whom I spoke to was told its probably because Samsung is trying to send out the tvs to retailers first.

Which means better off from buying from retail than Samsung.

In any case can't wait to get mine tomorrow 😁
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
0 Likes
the_rangdo
Apprentice
Options

Well, Selfridges said 2 in stock when I ordered on 15 March and I naively believed them.  They never actually had them, turns out it was a pre-order and just passed off to Samsung for fulfilment.

0 Likes
rh10ben
Apprentice
Options

Sat on the phone with Samsung Store support and was again told they would email me with an update. I refused to get off the line until I could complain to someone. After waiting an age I was told that I could expect delivery w/c  19th April. Seems to tally with some other delays I've seen online but who knows. 

Whilst I'm keen to get the TV, I wouldn't mind so much if they just sent me an update rather than having to chase them constantly!

0 Likes
SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options
Yeah I got fed up and luckily thanks to another user on here I got mine yesterday from Hughes Electrical and WOW its an incredible TV!! At least now I don't have to put up with the ***** at Samsung that know nothing about anything.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Chuffed that you love the TV! It’s incredible isn’t it.

one little niggle, though. Are you using a games console?

I’ve had this weird thing, where mid-game the screen goes black and cuts out for a second or two, as if it’s changing mode. Only happened a few times, but it’s happened of both PS5 and Series X. I spoke to Samsung on live chat and they - quite impressively - took control of my tv remotely and ‘reset’ the hdmi ports.

it’s not happened since, so fingers crossed it’s just a ‘handshake’ glitch.

SuperSaiyan4
Pioneer
Options
Funny thing is that was happening regularly on my previous TV!
I have changed a few settings manually, I'm using a PS5 console.
I expanded the HDMI ports so thats probably the reason why I haven't had the issue, hope it stays that way.

If you have Spiderman Miles Morales then OMG dude put that game on graphics mode and tweak some settings on the TV and it feels like 60fps!! Fluid, no judder, no blur no nothing.

I even tried Devil May Cry with graphics mode AND 120fps!! OMG incredible!
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
Samsung Buds Pro
0 Likes
Swordfish86
Pathfinder
Options

Oh nice! Yeah, I tried Miles Morales, unreal!! Is Devil May Cry worth getting then? I’m currently playing Demons Souls again! The graphics are night and day from the Q700t I upgraded from

when you say ‘expanded’ the hdmi ports, could you clarify?

thanks mate!

0 Likes