Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

2021 the frame switches from optical to TV speaker at random

(Topic created on: 12-01-2023 02:25 PM)
TheBestDevin
Journeyman
Options

#QN65LS03AAF 2021 the frame switches from optical to TV speaker at random. I have an older Panasonic receiver that is functioning perfectly. It doesn't have  EARC or HDMI just optical in. The TV will randomly switch from digital optical out to TV speaker or the remote will just unpair from my receiver. Why is it so hard for this TV to remember its settings?

17 REPLIES 17
GalAlexi
Explorer
Options

Noise not "nice" as I stated. Seems like I can't edit my previous post.

0 Likes
TheBestDevin
Journeyman
Options

I tried turning off auto before and the problem persisted. I haven't tried it with all HDMI unplugged yet I'll give that a shot this weekend.

0 Likes
NorSam
Apprentice
Options

I recently bought QN95A + Q960A soundbar + surround. Have been struggling for weeks. After choosing the soundbar it goes back to default tv speakers after a few seconds. Connected through the eArc port. 
both Samsung products. Can’t believe how this isn’t plug and play. I also have Sonos on another TV, that was so much easier to set up… but.. I think I found a fix just now. Been working for the last 15 minutes at least :smiling-face: my tv is set on Norwegians, so my translation may not be 100%. Settings - general- manage external units - in signal plus (?) - marked my HDMI3 port (the eArc). Now it works.  The setting “expands the in signal area for hdmi connections”. Whatever that means. Hope this solves the issue for someone else. This sure was a pain in the ass. I can’t believe that buying a top of the line Samsung tv and soundbar isn’t plug and play. Shame on you Samsung, this is really really bad

NorSam
Apprentice
Options

Under the anynet setting there is a setting for something called “in signal plus” (that’s what it’s called in Norwegian at least). Try to open that setting and chose your hdmi port. Fixed it for me

Michael Pabst
First Poster
Options

I just bought a Samsung QN65QN85DA. I connected an older Sony Blu-Ray player-Sound System, using HDMI 3 eARC. After working for 30 seconds or so, the TV would revert to TV sound. I tried everything on this forum and related forums without success. I thought about returning the new TV, but packing and hauling it back to Costco made me pause and hope for a firmware update or some other miracle. 

However, NorSam, your solution of turning on Signal Plus for HDMI 3 worked!  Thank you.

0 Likes
Jimmy2Shoes
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, QE75 after a few seconds switches from AV receiver to TV Speakers. The only way I could get it to work was to connect all devices via HDMI to the TV (not through the AV Receiver) then audio from the TV to the AVR via an optical. Not really satisfactory as I have a 7:2 setup and optical only supports 5:1. Samsung this it terribly poor that this issue is experienced world wide and to date there is no firmware fix for this obvious software issue.

0 Likes
Sidwayne
First Poster
Options

I have a QN700B which recognises my Denon AVCX3700H through HDMI eArc but keeps reverting to TV speaker after a few seconds.  All troubleshooting and remote control of my TV (from the Philippines) could not solve the issue.  I am waiting patiently for a callback from a Samsung technician/engineer.  This just shouldn’t be an issue, it looks like a firmware update is the only solution but, from previous threads, I see that this problem has been around on various models for a while.  I previously had a QN700A, which didn’t have this problem but, kept breaking down until unrepairable, hence the new TV.

0 Likes
Solution
TheBestDevin
Journeyman
Options

To everyone who is replying, I understand your frustration. This problem went away for my TV some months ago I assume because of a firmware update. I did not modify my connections. It just went away. It comes back if I plug anything into eARC. I wasn't using that port when I made this thread and I'm not using it now. I'm going to mark this comment as solved. I suggest if you have a newer TV you create a new thread.   

0 Likes