Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

2021 the frame switches from optical to TV speaker at random

(Topic created on: 25-12-2021 03:14 PM)
TheBestDevin
Journeyman
Options

#QN65LS03AAF 2021 the frame switches from optical to TV speaker at random. I have an older Panasonic receiver that is functioning perfectly. It doesn't have  EARC or HDMI just optical in. The TV will randomly switch from digital optical out to TV speaker or the remote will just unpair from my receiver. Why is it so hard for this TV to remember its settings?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TheBestDevin
Journeyman
Options

To everyone who is replying, I understand your frustration. This problem went away for my TV some months ago I assume because of a firmware update. I did not modify my connections. It just went away. It comes back if I plug anything into eARC. I wasn't using that port when I made this thread and I'm not using it now. I'm going to mark this comment as solved. I suggest if you have a newer TV you create a new thread.   

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Try disabling Anynet
See if resolves Your issue
0 Likes
TheBestDevin
Journeyman
Options

This did not fix the problem

0 Likes
TheBestDevin
Journeyman
Options

Update: The TV has now started doing it mid-program. It will flash the a message about setting up the remote (which is already set up ) I will hear a high pitched whine (just on the edge of my range) and then the tv will say setup failed and for me to set up everything all over again if I want to use the remote. This is incredibly frustrating. 

0 Likes
GalAlexi
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem.

My Samsung soundbar uses optical in only. It's set up as home theater on the TV. It works well... The last couple of months it keeps switching back to TV speaker.

I wonder if it is a dodgy firmware upgrade.

0 Likes
GalAlexi
Explorer
Options

I may have fixed the issue. I forgot that my Chromecast TV had the soundbar set up, I think the TV and the Chromecast were fighting over the soundbar.

Kinda weird though because the symptoms didn't show up until a month ago.

Consider this resolved at my end unless I report back.

0 Likes
GalAlexi
Explorer
Options

Oh and I forgot to say, I deleted the soundbar from the Chromecast TV settings.

0 Likes
TheBestDevin
Journeyman
Options

unfortunately not a solution for me. Are you experiencing the high pitched whine when the tv decides to switch to TV sound?

0 Likes
TheBestDevin
Journeyman
Options

I have disconnected all HDMI cords from the tv and I'm still having issues with the tv switching to TV speaker.  I haven't witnessed it mid program yet but it is still happening

0 Likes
GalAlexi
Explorer
Options

Well I thought my issue is resolved but it is not. Problem persists.

If you are getting a nice (I'm not) try changing digital output setting to PCM (not auto).

0 Likes