Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 NEO QLED issues with vertical lines / bars (vertical banding / Jailbars). 2 panel replacements without success

(Topic created on: 01-11-2021 11:27 PM)
one87
First Poster
Options

QN95A Neo QLED 4K HDR Smart TV (2021)  After 2 nerve wracking repairs and long waiting times I decided to post in here. The first repair was due to a yellowish cloudy spot on the screen. After that my TV came back with a new issue: There are around 13 vertical bars and depending on the color settings/conditions they are clearly visible. So I filed another complaint which led to a second replacement of the panel, the vertical bars are still there. 

Today I got a call from Samsung and they promised a credit note since the TV was in repair already 2 times. Furthermore the lady explained that a Samsung technician checked my pictures stating it looks "as per specifications". 

So speaking for myself as a hardcore Samsung fan, owning nearly everything of their product line for many years (incl. TV's), I never experienced something like this. I also can't accept that this is the "standard" for the 2021 neo qled lineup, especially looking at my pictures attached where you can clearly see a difference. While investigating about this, I came across tons of reviews of many neo qled owners describing exactly this issue, but no statement from Samsung. 

Appreciate any comments from the community and/or Samsung to clear this up. I think for a TV in this price range we can expect a perfect quality as advertised. 

comparison with plain red ambient mode, same settings, same light conditions, same timecomparison with plain red ambient mode, same settings, same light conditions, same timeanother example of my TV with white ambient mode backgroundanother example of my TV with white ambient mode background

16 REPLIES 16
Martin878
First Poster
Options

20220430_211911466.jpg

 here is the issue

0 Likes
Martin878
First Poster
Options

20220430_212237508.jpg

 one more picture

0 Likes
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Do you see the banding when watching tv if you do it faulty plain and simple and demand a engineer visit don't go off of the phone until you get on logged
0 Likes
Martin878
First Poster
Options

I can see only one horizontal white line in the bottom TV display along the entire length (last row of pixels). 

0 Likes
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Go onto YouTube and search and then run 5% grey uniformity test and if the line you see is not meant to be there it shows up .
Beware once a fault is seen you can un see it
0 Likes
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Samsung don't make there own panels anymore I am now on my 3rd tv in a year .
Buy poor panels making a poor Samsung
0 Likes
DoctorVock
First Poster
Options

I have this problem on my 65” and am a little concerned that Samsung see this as normal! I shall be contacting them to say it is very much NOT normal, nor acceptable.

0 Likes