Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 NEO QLED issues with vertical lines / bars (vertical banding / Jailbars). 2 panel replacements without success

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 07:00 PM)
one87
First Poster
Options

QN95A Neo QLED 4K HDR Smart TV (2021)  After 2 nerve wracking repairs and long waiting times I decided to post in here. The first repair was due to a yellowish cloudy spot on the screen. After that my TV came back with a new issue: There are around 13 vertical bars and depending on the color settings/conditions they are clearly visible. So I filed another complaint which led to a second replacement of the panel, the vertical bars are still there. 

Today I got a call from Samsung and they promised a credit note since the TV was in repair already 2 times. Furthermore the lady explained that a Samsung technician checked my pictures stating it looks "as per specifications". 

So speaking for myself as a hardcore Samsung fan, owning nearly everything of their product line for many years (incl. TV's), I never experienced something like this. I also can't accept that this is the "standard" for the 2021 neo qled lineup, especially looking at my pictures attached where you can clearly see a difference. While investigating about this, I came across tons of reviews of many neo qled owners describing exactly this issue, but no statement from Samsung. 

Appreciate any comments from the community and/or Samsung to clear this up. I think for a TV in this price range we can expect a perfect quality as advertised. 

comparison with plain red ambient mode, same settings, same light conditions, same timecomparison with plain red ambient mode, same settings, same light conditions, same timeanother example of my TV with white ambient mode backgroundanother example of my TV with white ambient mode background

16 REPLIES 16
ByteRipper
First Poster
Options

You're not alone.  My 75" QN93A (=Q95A without One-Connect Box) suffers also from these lines. In the german samsung community is also a 20-page thread about this issue. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that there's an solution available. One user has changed his TV 7 times without success.

Movie-mode and red / green colors will make the issue visible.
Due to the fact that these tvs are sold by the thousands there are two possibilities:
1) We're the only ones without luck at buying a tv
2) Everyone has the problem but not everyone recognises it or maybe we're to picky.

Attached a picture of my tv.IMG20211107073655.jpg

hydzior
Explorer
Options

Got the same problem. TV has been repaired at my home. Theyve changed the panel but after a while the problem is again there.

Members_Lg3QQFG
Explorer
Options

20220202_191159.jpg20220202_191205.jpg20220202_191906.jpg

This is my samsung QN800A after 4 months. I am dissatisfied and I am struggling with samsung.

The first 2 photos are of Granturismo in game mode. There it is always visible. 3 is Amazon Video to exclude hdmi or device.

DunnyToz
Journeyman
Options

Hi I have a similar problem but Samsung say this is normal operation.

20220106_171937.jpg

 samsung said it's not a fault and won't do anything about it..

neo qled 65 7 months old. What should I do next

0 Likes
Members_Lg3QQFG
Explorer
Options

I don't know how it will end but I won't let it go. I call them, send them photos, they make me crazy. They could have put it in an advertisement on a website, I wouldn't have bought this TV for sure

0 Likes
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Severe banding screen needs replacing or refund
0 Likes
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Demand a engineer to visit and check tv
0 Likes
Toddy94
Pioneer
Options
Terrible banding demand engineer visit
0 Likes
Martin878
First Poster
Options

Hi Toddy, could you advice me? I bought a QE55QN90A and there is a white horizontal line on the bottom of the TV(last pixels bottom on the TV-long line). I see it only when I lie. When i sit down and my eyes are in the middle of the display, i do not see it. Samsung told me the engineer call me to 3 work days.. Is it possible ro repair it at home? Thank you for you answer. 

0 Likes