Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 frame tv and sky q

(Topic created on: 12-10-2021 12:56 AM)
D1217
First Poster
Options

Hi,

we’ve just received a 65” frame tv, upon first installation, the tv recognised the sky q (2tb) box properly allowing to use the universal remote and showed the sky logo for HDMI 1 on the source menu. Probably about half an hour later, it would no longer recognise the sky box so couldn’t use the remote (sky does still work using its own remote). Does anyone know how to fix this? I’ve reset the tv multiple times to no avail

thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi@D1217 Have you tried a Factory Reset. I assume you have tried setting up the Remote controller again selecting Skyq and region.

As far as the Sky remote goes did you pair it by pressing 1 and 3 simultaneously. See more details here https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-q-remotes/touch-voice-set-up

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
D1217
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Yes I’ve reset the tv multiple times, whilst I now have it working to a degree, not as well as it first was, initially I was able to change channel on sky using voice through through the Samsung universal remote, I can’t do that now and can’t get the remote to turn sky off and on etc.

0 Likes
SweenD
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with a Frame 32 for a week until yesterday when I used a new (non Sky) HDMI cable. It fixed the issue immediately. 

0 Likes
Members_Gaot2pj
Apprentice
Options

Hi. When you hit the power button to put your frame in to art mode, does it turn the sky box off? I find that when everything is off, hitting the power button on  the small voice remote, or the normal samsung remote turns the tv and hte sky box on. But using either to turn off the frame / put it into art mode still leaves the sky box turned on. I don't want this left on wasting electricity. 

Thanks

0 Likes