Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 QLED Q80T QE55Q80TATXXU - Black/Grey spots on screen

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 03:44 PM)
mn2710
Journeyman
Options

My screen is not uniform at all. Under any circumstance i.e. pc gaming or netflix with the inbuilt app, every time a white-ish background comes up you can see the two black/grey spots or zones in the TV. Once you see you cannot un-see it. I have done all the troubleshooting and right now waiting to hear back from the repair service. My first 4k TV from Samsung and very disappointing!!!  

Annotation 2020-09-08 154202.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
AndrewL
Options

@mn2710: Sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. If you unplug the TV at the wall for around 30 seconds, then plug it back in, does the shadowing remain? If so, head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and run through the series of tests. Is the issue present in the test images, or does the picture test return any errors in the summary? If so then an engineers inspection will be required, therefore if you have already reached out to one of our Support Centres, then please make them aware of this so they can provide the necessary support. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
mn2710
Journeyman
Options
ok thanks. done all this and the issue still exists. waiting to hear back from repairs
0 Likes
mn2710
Journeyman
Options
hey it's been a couple of days and have not heard back from the repair team?
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We'd suggest giving our Support Team a call for an update, @mn2710. You can connect them directly on 0333 000 0333 between 8am and 8pm.

0 Likes
Swiftbrand
Apprentice
Options

86CDF46D-85A4-4359-8CF5-2C482D2C5300.jpeg

Did this ever get fixed please? I am having the exact same issue on the same model television

AAEC2FC9-814F-402C-B9F9-AC381EBF7B94.jpeg

0 Likes
joncharboneau
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue on my new Q80T, anyone get it resolved?

0 Likes
crs619
Apprentice
Options

I’ve owned Samsung tv’s for 30 years. These ‘ghosts’ are permanent and are the result of faulty hardware within the set; bad mother board. They use cheap metals to make diodes, etc. this happened to my 7 year old flagship 60”.  Return it immediately. Samsung customer service is horrible. I am here (looking online) because I have a 900R 8K that’s starting to black level bloom while watching Netflix. 

This is the new reality: Forced Obsolescence

I am pretty sure the human race has peaked.

So sick of paying for shiite.

CS  

mn2710
Journeyman
Options
yes sent it back and got it replaced. now all is good. it's the only way
0 Likes
mn2710
Journeyman
Options
yes sent it back and got it replaced. now all is good. it's the only way!!